Route Plan: Strata Florida

V

• Platinum Member

I am not planning on doing a recce on this route just yet unless I am in the area and can check river levels first. If you can load or import Garmin GPX files, please take a look at the attached GPX and let me know if you spot any problems. It has been a while since I have done Strata Florida and I can't remember which is the best end to start at.

Strata Florida.gpx

• Platinum Member

I’ve done Strata Florida A few times recently, although always S to N, not really any reason for that other than it’s the way it falls with the rest of the route. I haven’t experienced any problems with water levels either and I don’t have a snorkel so that’s been a good thing.  For me the worst bit on Strata is an off camber turn around a rock outcrop with a big drop to the side near the north end after coming out of the forestry area, always seems to give me the hebejebees ( is that how you spell that?? ) Would quite like to do it N to S to see what the difference is.