Battery

Patricia

• Platinum Member

Hi I have bought a 2003 Jeep Cherokee ex.sport - its wonderful except that the battery is rubbish - please can anyone give me some advice on best battery to buy and where from?

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

You need the highest rating Where are you in the U.K. several on line suppliers

• Platinum Member

Yep , I agree with Stu. Buy the best you can afford, put the biggest capacity that will fit in your box with a good warranty and with a bit of luck you will have no battery probs for maybe as much as 10years. That's my experience, buying a cheapie is a waste of time and money they usually fail on or close to the warranty , usually only a year. 

I've had batteries off ''Groves  Batteries, Cheltenham'' for fifty  years, their service is very good , prices competitive and although I visit personally they do online as well.

I've had three Cherokees, one like yours . As one of our KJ owners said to me, ''they are not brilliant at any one thing but they are about as good an all rounder as you can get''

''Happy Jeepin''

• Platinum Member

TAYNA Batteries - on line - good prices - quick delivery.  OPTIMA (Red Top, or Yellow Top if winching)) or ODYSSEY. High Cold Cranking Amps, CCA, 750 amp plus for diesel needed.

Was original equip on my KJ 2.8 CRD when purchased. Lasted 7 years, bought another one, still going 6 yrs.

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

I'll second jerryg, Tayna batteries - got an Optima yellow top from them for my XJ.  Always a good kick even when freezing cold and left for ages with an interior light on (Doh!)