Cannock Chase Twilight ZONE - Saturday 04 Jan 2020

Stu2985

• Area Representative

Cannock Chase the Twilight zone. This is a member organised event not a JOC sponsored event. 

After the last Cannock Chase event several members expressed an interest in the guided twilight run around Cannock Forest and Foresttrax who run the trip have asked if we would be interested in coming back.

I have therefore arranged for JOC members to get first dibs on 10 slots on Saturday January 4th.

Its on a first booked first  served basis.

There is plenty to do in the morning and lunchtime at Cannock inc  Geocaching, Go ape, walks in the forest and cycle rides.  Its a popular and busy area and we will have our own private area.

The event will start late afternoon as we start off we will then drive the area as its grows dark and carry on through right into total darkness.

Imagine one long green lane night trip that lasts for a few hours.   The chance to Green Lane at night on public greenlanes is often frowned upon. Off road sites don't open in the dark so where else can you go to see how those LED's and light bars perform whilst off roading ?  

Check out some of the previous pictures to see details of the event.

To reserve your space You can pay Foresttrax directly with the following details.  The cost is £50 per vehicle.

Acc number 20253294     sort code  23-69-72

With regards to payment reference please put your name down as your reference and prefix it with SP.  For example SP Jim Olexa.

Its going to be a popular event that they don't have to open up to us to fill but they did enjoy having us last time on the daylight run.

If we don’t take all 10 slots then you may end up sharing with lesser marques !!!

Please note this is suitable for 4 wheel drive Jeeps only.

I will be there as well.  Times and RVP will be passed on nearer the time.

Members attending 

Stu

digger

PDB

Any questions ping me

Stewart

red jeep.jpg

dark jeep.jpg

grey jeep.jpg

• Platinum Member

Booked and paid.  Come on folks get booking, we don't want any of those Landys coming along, we'll be spending all evening recovering 'em.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Stu,

Having read  PDBs comments I paid by bank transfer using the refs/instructions you gave.  My bank said the money had gone but I've never received any  acknowledgement or anything else. Thought you might like to know. Phil

• Area Representative

Sorry guys I have not been notified of replies to this thread,

the payment details are listed above.   It’s a event organised for jeeps so date may not be on their website as they are public dates That are posted.  

closing date for signups is going to be Monday 9th December.  If you haven’t booked by then then any spare spaces may bed filled by other vehicles.  

once the closing dates have passed I will be in touch with those that have booked.   Please let me know once you have.  

I shall check back here more often and not wait to be notified of replies.  

• Platinum Member

Hi Stu,

I thought I'd better let you know, I emailed  'foresttrax' on their email  48hrs ago re the whereabouts of my payment.  At the mo I have had no response.  If I hear nothing I will ring  the number quoted on the net ie 0300 068 0400. After that I am away until the 10th. I do not want to lose out on this event, noting that the deadline is the  9th, I paid on the 19th and my bank says the money has gone to them. I will update once I've rung them.

• Platinum Member

Hi , I would appreciate it if anyone can supply me with a tel no. for this forestrax. company. They have not replied to my emails, do not publish a phone no. that I have found and I have just wasted an hour trying to get in touch with no result. I'd like to know where my £50  has gone.

As an aside, I and a number of friends are  so fed up with companies that are difficult to get hold of that we now check first if they have proper access details.  If not wherever possible we go elsewhere. Perhaps others would like to take this idea up

• Platinum Member

Hi,

I have a list of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with and will never deal with them again. 

BT is number  one !   Its quite incredible that  it was 7/8 yrs ago and they still hold no. one spot.  

Incompetent management really annoys me. The managers often  have bits of paper up to their ears and the companies frequently have accountants as CEOS.  Ok for short term profit but awful for long term  growth and  customer service in my opinion.

• Area Representative

digger let me have your name and email details and i wil l speak to Steve at forestrax. I have been chatting to him today and he did say ther were at least 3 jeepers booked in.  He has said he has had payments not using any ref at all.  Not saying yours is one of them.  If you have paid then your slot will be secured. I have asked steve to confirm who has signed up

Edited by Stu2985

• Area Representative

I spoke to the site yesterday and given the numbers that have signed up it was agreed to offer the available spaces to others.  Cant expect them to run an event for only 3 vehicles. They have  a facebook page Forestrax4x4 off road adventures. That is probably fastest way to get a reply.

• Platinum Member

What's happened to all those 'Jeepers' who expressed an interest in this?  It sounds like a gr8 event . How often do we get the chance of night driving?  

Come on folks get and sign up before all those landies do!

• Area Representative

It is disappointing.  There was a lot of interest. Forestrax didn’t have to offer us this opportunity.  I asked them if we could have one of their runs dedicated to us only. 

I don’t know if it’s the date or the fact it’s not an official jeep owners sponsored event that has put folks off. 

I am trying to organise events for JOC members in the midlands area.   

Anyway  Thankyou to those that have supported this and the previous event 

• Platinum Member

Well done Stu, I'll support any events that I can  in  Midlands and Wales. It would be nice to see some events in  Devon/Somerset too.

I'm getting a bit past it to do a lot now but I still have a lot of ideas and will help if I can.  Perhaps we could have a chat on the phone or at Cannock maybe.

• Area Representative

Sorry craig but what info were you after ? I havent seen any posts from yourself askign for more info which i would have been happy to reply to

• Platinum Member

If it had been confirmed place and time to meet and how to pay I'm not getting notification of any post on hear if a spot comes free plz let me know 

• Platinum Member

If it had been confirmed place and time to meet and how to pay I'm not getting notification of any post on hear if a spot comes free plz let me know 

• Area Representative

HI CRAIG  The payment details were on the original post.  The event was booked and is now full  I am afraid.  Just waiting on final confirmation of time to meet up.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

HI bud.  Was going topost this up tomorrow but you beat me lol    I will double check tomorrow with steve.  The postcode is a bit iffy I did post pictures of the road and screenshots of the car park for the last event there but even that casused some confusion.  Wil see if I can simply things tomrrow   have a great new year   Stu

• Platinum Member

Dunno if this helps but I looked up Forestrax on Google maps and 'Range corner ' is marked on the  'Penkridge Bank Road'. Am I right that this is the meet point?

Happy New Year.