Cannock Chase Twilight ZONE - Saturday 04 Jan 2020

Stu2985

• Platinum Member

Hi stu,

I would have loved to have made this event but working unfortunately. So would defo be interested if it were to come up again. 

also, the what three words app is good to use for location of the meet up point. 

cheers

• Area Representative

Digger

PDB

Craig Evams far as I am aware you are the 3 Jeepers booked in  - i Have sent everyone a PM but it wont let me send Craig one

January 4th Twillight Special Meet / Start time

04th January 2020

For those attending the January Twillight special event.

Meet at Range Corner https://goo.gl/maps/6vrNhcQXA7BJrvEJ9
2.00 for a drivers briefing at 2.15pm

Starting at 2.30pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/171342047144404/?ref=share

https://www.forestrax4x4.co.uk/january-4th-twillight-special-meet?fbclid=IwAR2mDLnPsuLLzdWztdeJ1dOt0RWk87QAn4irD5vqiJxtOfn_NKEoLa9YrtU

Edited by Stu2985

• Area Representative

once the pics are sorted i will post them or the links up/  I enjoyed it and i think PDB and Digger did but hopegully they will post their own thoughts. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

I thought it was excellent. Brilliant venue and night driving too made it different. Not the most challenging off roading but varied and interesting. Friendly bunch too , although a pity so few of us turned out  after Stu had put the effort in.

Many Thanks to Stu. Looking forward to next time and seeing the pics.

Mind you, the best participants really stood out.  I noticed the Landy drivers kept pretty quiet!   😉

• Platinum Member

How many 'Landies ' found themselves cross -axled on that slope then? Was that why it was quite a long wait in the  queue?

I think the WK looked GR8.

• Platinum Member

I was very pleased , my old girl sailed up in 2WD,  apart from wagging about a bit!  The speed just carried me through the bit just before the top.  Have to impress the 'landies' when you have a Jeep!   😜

I'd be very interested in your inventory. I was thinking of changing the WK this year but the question is,  to what? My priorities are comfort and reliability. I've tried many makes over the last 50 years , but there are only a small number that have cut the mustard for me., one of which is of course Jeep. So, yes you've given me an alternative idea. My problem could be the warranty on my car. I have a 10yr/100k miles warranty/service deal which specifically states, 'no mods without their ok'.  So, who knows.

• Area Representative

on the Discovery 2' and the 3 you could see they ran out of momentum near the top you then saw the Talent control err sorry traction control kick in to drag them up the rest of the way .

would be great if JOC supported another event there for Jeeps only

• Platinum Member
Black_box_jeep

Would be interested in another event there in daylight. We only just got our JK so wasn’t sure getting used to it in the dark was the best idea. Looks like fun.