Dilemma - swap or keep?

Whitebeard

• Platinum Member

I have owned my 2010 SRT8 for 6 years and it now has 68,000 miles on the clock. I normally buy a 2-3 year old car and keep for up to 10 years / 100,000 miles. If I keep this one for 10 years will there be an SRT equivalent available in the UK - I believe there is a 2020 model in the USA?

My dilemma is do I keep the one I have and hope something will be available in say 2023 or do I take the plunge and buy a 2017 SRT now?

Any input welcome.

• Platinum Member

Hypothetically you have a window of about 9 months to get a used 17 still under manufacturer's warranty, slap an extended warranty on it for peace of mind and then drive that until (hopefully) the SRT returns to the UK in the form of the faster and lighter WL. The WL should also be in a two row and three row seating version.

There is a 2020 SRT in the USA and Europe! Not here which utterly sucks.  

So the waiting game will be just that, "might" be better in a newer SRT.

• Platinum Member

That's the waiting game. Unknown at this time if and when the WL arrives. I would say that if we are getting Gladiators next year then WL SRT's will follow a year after US launch.

• Platinum Member
12 hours ago, Stew the Jeep said:

Run a 2001 WG Grand a different kind of game 

I had a 2001 4.7 V8 for 10 years and changed when it hit 100,000 miles. It was a great car but after driving the 6.1 SRT8 for 6 years anything slower would be disappointing.