Transporting a JK from USA to UK

Conrad

• Platinum Member

Hi All. I’m just about to start the Pan American Highway with my 2015 Jk Unlimited Sport which I have bought in the USA.  When I complete it in about 9 months time I’m thinking of shipping it home to the UK. Can you tell me how difficult it is to make it conform to UK road requirements. Based on that I can decide if it’s worth shipping. 

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Hi All. I’m just about to start the Pan American Highway with my 2015 Jk Unlimited Sport which I have bought in the USA.  When I complete it in about 9 months time I’m thinking of shipping it home to the UK. Can you tell me how difficult it is to make it conform to UK road requirements. Based on that I can decide if it’s worth shipping. 

Very easy to conform especially if you have not modified it to the hilt. Basically headlights/tail lights and addition of a rear fog light. Bonus is that US V5's (Titles) don't have CO2 on them so you will pay annual tax of like £250 regardless of engine size etc.