American Speedfest 8 - 2020

Volant165

• Platinum Member

IMPORTANT AMERICAN SPEEDFEST UPDATE RECEIVED FROM MSV - 24th March 2020

In line with Government guidance, all MotorSport Vision (MSV) venues (Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and Bedford Autodrome) have been temporarily closed down with immediate effect. Furthermore all circuit activity is suspended until at least 30 April, as announced yesterday (23 March). We will keep that date under review over the coming weeks as the guidance from Government evolves.

Please see below details of arrangements for the various events and activities across the MSV circuits during this extended period of closure. Our offices are now shut down until further notice so please do not telephone or email. If you have a query that is not covered by the below list, please wait until our offices reopen to get in touch.

Event tickets/season passes
All motor racing until at least 31 May (30 June for car events) has been suspended and those affected events have been postponed. All tickets will be valid for the rescheduled events. If you let us know that you can't make the rescheduled date once it’s been announced, or if a race meeting is not rescheduled at all, you will be entitled to a credit or a refund. We will review the effect on season pass holders throughout the season and ensure that any significant loss of entitlement is managed fairly.

Kind regards

The MSV Team

Save the date!

Booking is direct on the MSV shop.

You need to register a login with MSV.

Then go to the shop and look for display vehicle, choose the Jeep Owners Club from the drop down menu. 15 tickets are available for Saturday, and 15 for Sunday. Your Jeep and the driver enter for free. Passenger is 50% off....all details on the MSV site. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

so having seen a lot about next years one and Brands Hatch suggesting that they are limiting the cars on a stand to a single digit number- How is that going to work etc? I've heard a few clubs considering boycotting next years show.

Where did you get your information about American Speedfest 2020 event doodle?

Are you talking about clubs who want to display?

From what I can see on the “official” American Speedfest site their is no mention for clubs who want to display being restricted to single digits.

As a club who regularly attend this event we have not been informed of the information you posted either.

Clubs boycotting the event I have no idea about.

• Platinum Member
11 hours ago, Jules said:

Where did you get your information about American Speedfest 2020 event doodle?

Are you talking about clubs who want to display?

From what I can see on the “official” American Speedfest site their is no mention for clubs who want to display being restricted to single digits.

As a club who regularly attend this event we have not been informed of the information you posted either.

Clubs boycotting the event I have no idea about.

Jules,

My apologies it wasn't single digits it was actually 10x at first and then has gone to 15x...

Its on their own facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/AmericanSpeedfest/

https://www.speedfest.co.uk/get-involved/car-clubs/

Looks like it was a quick turn around.. 

I'm sure Jim Olexa will have more accurate information than me..

Paul

American SpeedFest

November 15 at 12:56 PM · 

SPEEDFEST 8 - CAR CLUB APPLICATIONS OPENING TODAY

We’re pleased to announce that online registrations for clubs will open at 3pm this afternoon (Friday) at www.speedfest.co.uk.

With increasing demand from clubs every year, and more entertainment being added in a relatively small venue, we do need to make some changes from time to time. We also want to enable more clubs to be involved and represented, particularly those that have never been a part of SpeedFest before. So here are the 2020 differences:

- The main display areas behind the start/finish straight will be initially capped at 15 vehicles per club
- Other display areas, inside the venue, WILL be made available for larger club gatherings – please contact us directly for details
- All accepted vehicles will receive one free admission ticket for the owner/driver (and an event sticker)
- Each owner/driver will now be able to purchase an additional passenger ticket at a 50% discount

Please feel free to share this post with any club or organisation that might like to become involved with us. If you have any questions or queries please don’t hesitate to email us at americanspeedfest@msv.com.

Edited by doodle
added name

• Platinum Member

Guy’s enjoyed the event last year and chatting to a few of you was interesting (digger)

would like to do both days again ,when can I sign up for 2020

TJ Trev

69BCA95F-4E51-4589-B551-931329AF0624.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

As you may or may not know, an honorary member of our club was a significant driving force in shaping the JOC attendance and activities at the American Speedfest. Gary Ikin who sadly passed away about two years ago was a regular at the track driving "Rescue 1" recovery and rescue truck at the various track events.  Our involvement at American Speedfest grew to the point where we ran the very successful 4x4 rides for Air Ambulance for the past two years. 

The events management team has completely changed this year and they are changing a lot of aspects of the event.  The area where we have staged our second Jeep stand and base ops for the 4x4 rides (Halewoods) is now going to be a static display for Hummers etc. Thus, we will not be running a 4x4 ride for charity. We can if we wish have a stand on Saturday for 15 Jeeps and a stand on Sunday for 15 Jeeps. But we have no idea where this stand will be. The first year or two it was way off in a field, not really worth going if you ask me. The last two years we had a good position. I have asked to be positioned in the same or similar place and to be alongside the SRT club. As the new events team at MSV is busy with events almost every weekend I have had a nill response after repeatedly chasing them and am leaning towards sitting this year out as some key aspects can make a huge difference.

Before I do, I am going to run a poll (first time using this feature so please be patient) for the next 48 hours to gauge serious interest and plans to attend. If you are going to attend please also be available to "man the stand" at periods throughout the day. 

So, let the polling begin.........

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member

*****UPDATE*****NEWS FLASH***UPDATE****

After receiving pm's and text messages in addition to the poll, I spoke to MSV at length today. They want very much for the JOC to attend again. I had expressed our wishes to be positioned next to the UK SRT and Trackhawk Club, and relayed our concerns regarding location of any such stands.

MSV were very supportive and I am happy to say that the JOC will in fact be able to display next to the SRT Club at Speedfest8. Also, booking is direct on the MSV shop. You register with MSV first then go to the shop and look for display vehicle, choose the Jeep Owners Club from the drop down menu. 15 tickets are available for Saturday, and 15 for Sunday. Your Jeep and the driver enter for free. Passenger is 50% off....all details on the MSV site. 

Paired up with the SRT club should make for a nice showing.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Paul.dennis@btinternet.co

Hi Jules

i am trying to register for this event but the MSV website won’t allow me. 
I get ‘This vehicle registration has already been registrated to an account. You can only register a vehicle registration once, if it has not been registered to your account please contact us at events@msv.com’

Did you or the club register by Jeep last year? 
I have asked MSV for clarification. Let’s see what they say. 
Thanks

PAUL

• Platinum Member

Hi Paul,

I spoke to MSV weeks ago and gave permission for individuals to go ahead and register themselves.

If you went last year with us your rig would be on the JOC account. Best to get MSV to sort it, all of the rigs from last year were deleted off the JOC account two weeks ago. Waiting for MSV to fix it (may take a year) or simply fool their registration system and add or change a extra digit on your reg/change it by one. We did that last year as some rigs were already registered from previous years. 

Jim

• Platinum Member
On 19/11/2019 at 19:24, TJ Trev said:

Guy’s enjoyed the event last year and chatting to a few of you was interesting (digger)

would like to do both days again ,when can I sign up for 2020

TJ Trev

69BCA95F-4E51-4589-B551-931329AF0624.png

Signup is live on the MSV website TJ Trev. Club Display dropdown menu, Jeep Owners Club

Good to hear you are now sorted Paul and are able to attend. I had a similar issue ironically with my application. Apparently it was an IT issue with database!

NOTE:

If you have attended this event in the past as part of the JOC group, and are wanting to use the same vehicle registration,  you may experience the same issues Paul and I faced. In this case give MSV a call and they will resolve the issue for you promptly I found.

Booking is direct on the MSV shop.

You will need to register a login with MSV first

Choose the Jeep Owners Club as Club stand!

Excellent news Raakhee.

Yourself and “Alice” will be a great addition to our club stand.

Jules

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

looking forward to seeing you guys missed out last year due to health, but iv being approved for stand so I'm there Sunday can't wait!!20190803_143229.thumb.jpg.de35b655d9b4456e47672bb1843a78ba.jpg

20190627_142121.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, Parky 4x4 said:

looking forward to seeing you guys missed out last year due to health, but iv being approved for stand so I'm there Sunday can't wait!!20190803_143229.thumb.jpg.de35b655d9b4456e47672bb1843a78ba.jpg

20190627_142121.jpg

Wow. Guess I'll have to give my engine a wash too 

• Platinum Member
Marcus Durand

Hi Jim and Jules.

Is it just the stand this year or are we also doing the rides again?

Marcus.

5 hours ago, Marcus Durand said:

Hi Jim and Jules.

Is it just the stand this year or are we also doing the rides again?

Marcus.

Marcus,

Its just the stand this year, no rides as the circuit have decided not to.