Paint Problems

Hotwheels

• Platinum Member

Sadly this is the leading edge of our 3 year old Jeep Renegade the paint has not chipped but the bonnet seems to be corroding from the inside out and after a lengthy phone call today I was advised from JEEP customer services that Jeep paint only carries a 2 year warranty and this in not a corrosion issue for that the bonnet would have to be perforated and holed so it's not in the 8 year body warranty either.  

Gutted is an understatement  

66503922_767708780297427_3914778225477156864_n.jpg

• Platinum Member

Don’t you just love car manufacturers,give you all the body/corrosion warranties when your buying,and always try to Get out of doing the right thing.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Just a thought before you purchased the vehicle it may have been damaged and a supposedly repair done, had this years ago on a ford and found out damaged unloading at the garage who then repaired it 

• Platinum Member
Just now, PDB said:

Blimey - I thought this sort of thing just didn't happen on modern vehicles???

Its not a cheap budget vehicle.

That's what I told the lady on the phone! I bought this as a keeper was hoping for 10-15 years out of The Renegade looks like it could be changed long before that 😞 

• Platinum Member
10 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

You might want to call them back and refer them to TBS 31-001-19  as it is a known issue. 

Thank you so so so much that helps my case no end they were so dismissive on the phone today as if I was the only one this had happened too I knew of other renegade owners that had had similar but these were dismissed by the call handler   

From the photograph, it looks as though you might get it fixed under the "perforation" bit of the guarantee sooner rather than later! Perhaps a question of "should I wait for that" might prompt some more useful response from FCA? 

Good luck with your further dealings with them!