Jeep Owners Club M.O.D D1 Bagshot Training area Saturday 19th July STILL SPACE!

stewart

• Platinum Member

Thank you!  We have done some light off roading in the past but not for a while and this'll be the first time with the Jeep.  We've only got AT's on but I hope that'll be OK. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• mark

• Arno

• Chrisby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I'd be interested in a more advanced course....with a certificate. They do a professional course, but that's probably too much. Something HSE might approve....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Ok Patrick maybe we can work on getting a group booking?

• Platinum Member

Works for me....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Platinum Member

Hi guys,

Another newbie to the club and 4x4's.

Bought my first jeep a couple of weeks ago and just got it through its MOT. I'd like to bring the family to Bagshot on Saturday to have a go. Never done anything like it before but sounds like fun.

Regards,

Phil.

• Platinum Member

Thank you!  We have done some light off roading in the past but not for a while and this'll be the first time with the Jeep.  We've only got AT's on but I hope that'll be OK.

Hi , A/T's will be fine at this site  a lot can be done on decent M&S so A/T's are perfect  :great: .

• Platinum Member

Hi guys,

Another newbie to the club and 4x4's.

Bought my first jeep a couple of weeks ago and just got it through its MOT. I'd like to bring the family to Bagshot on Saturday to have a go. Never done anything like it before but sounds like fun.

Regards,

Phil.

Hi Phil,

This site is the ideal place to try out your Jeep and learn just what you and it are capable of , , I think you will be pleasantly surprised not to say Impressed even ,  :great: :great:

• Platinum Member

Hi , A/T's will be fine at this site  a lot can be done on decent M&S so A/T's are perfect  :great: .

Bagshot was my first session off road, my XJ was pretty much stock with AT'S and was fine.

• Administrators

This site has been chosen with beginner in mind ! So any stock Jeep can attend ! But there are plenty of opportunities for the more confident to go off and get stuck!!

New drivers will be taken round in small groups on the safest parts of the site! But if you are totally new then JOC recommends the driver training for beginners not essential but worth thinking about! 2 afternoon spaces left at £80 ! Best way to be thought some basics by a LATRA instructor !

Will be a great day for sure my fist outing was in a standard Wrangler with standard tyres ! Plenty of fun in this form too but then .....  :glasses: things get more challenging hence modifications  :icon_e_biggrin:

And there's me think you both wanted to buy a old Chevrolet/ Daewoo Lantra :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

I Arno  are we meeting up at clackets on Saturday 

Terry

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the advice on the tyres.  Can't wait till Saturday.  :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=sw&from=rss&sn=57C912B8-D3AA-F846-9B08-373A9FC6153B_2_EE&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1405724400

Areas of heavy, thundery showers may develop over England and Wales from early on Saturday before moving northwards during the day. The development of these is uncertain but where they do form some torrential downpours are possible with frequent lightning, hail and locally strong gusts. Significant flooding is possible where these do occur from surface water as well as small, fast responding watercourses. The frequent lightning, hail and strong gusts could also be an additional hazard.

:icon_rolleyes:

• Platinum Member

:icon_rolleyes: Typical Met Office over reaction to the threat of a drop of rain. Should be entertaining watching the JK drivers driving with their brollies up inside the car  :icon_lol:

• Administrators

Should dampen the place down nicely ! Don't want it all dusty do we!

• Platinum Member

I would have thought the JK owners would have footmen to hold the brollies...

• Platinum Member

A quick question.......... is there anything like a picnic/play area for family anywhere there? Just trying to figure out whether the wife and daughters will be joining me :) (but looking at the weather forecast decision may already be made lol)

A quick question.......... is there anything like a picnic/play area for family anywhere there? Just trying to figure out whether the wife and daughters will be joining me :) (but looking at the weather forecast decision may already be made lol)

Mark,

Not specifically, but the site is close to some other venues that the family might enjoy while your offroad.

Both of these are about 10 mins away up the A322

Does depend on the age of your kids.

http://m.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/thelookoutdiscoverycentre

http://m.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/coralreef

• Platinum Member

Hi Marky,

No there is no specific picnic / play area as such you could find an area just off the car parking area which is pretty large for picnicking , the site is quite wooded so little ones could maybe kept occupied there are footpaths through the site and the drivers are made aware of the presence of walkers ,

• Platinum Member

Also think that it is only fair to warn anyone coming with wives , children etc that the toilet facilities are very basic ( a couple of portaloos)  , I would advise bringing a loo roll  and or some wet wipes purely as a precaution unless things have changed since I last attended an event here.

We're planning on camping Saturday night, looking at the weather should be an interesting one. I have a 4.5m event shelter dome, wasn't going to bring it but could if it might help keep the evening/ morning festivities dry for a group. Would need a hand pitching it though, Charlie's lacking in the height department'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.thumb.jpg.bf44d35e08dc3db4fee97424eb9871e3.jpg

• Administrators

Just to remind everyone it's not a 5star campsite! It is more wild style with portaloo ™ onsite so bring water along please! and other cooking stuff ! There will be a refreshments van onsite for bacon butties etc.. Saturday AM for the rest of weekend.

• Administrators

anybody camping on FRIDAY ?? :icon_bounce:

Oh yes for sure!

• Platinum Member

anybody camping on FRIDAY ?? :icon_bounce:

Oh yes for sure!

:great: