Jeep Owners Club M.O.D D1 Bagshot Training area Saturday 19th July STILL SPACE!

stewart

• Administrators

There are still some places left on the Afternoon driver training and plenty of space on the site for those who just want to drive about on there own! This is a great site for the beginner and more experienced too!

If Club Members want more of this type of event then we need to get the numbers up as so far we are falling short ! This event has been has subsidised to keep the price very cheap! So please try and get along next week!

We are looking at other locations too so it won't always be so Southern based!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• mark

• Arno

• Chrisby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Sorry we can't join you I will be working the all weekend.  :grrrrrr:

• Platinum Member

Put me down for the event please :-)

£20 paid

Patrick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Platinum Member

Sorry all, I would love to do this event again but as stated previously I have a family commitment in Bristol.

• Administrators

Put me down for the event please :-)

£20 paid

Patrick

Thanks Patrick !

• Platinum Member

What type of courses are there? I am not looking for anything to harsh as this will be the first time I take this thing out so have no idea if 4 wheel low even works lol ( and I still need to get to work)...... Tires are sorted now at least.

Also do we need to take out any special insurance for this?

• Platinum Member

Sorry to be a let down,

But I'm not going to be able to make this event as I'm writing this from Crete,

The last minute Crete offer was to good to turn down.

• Administrators

What type of courses are there? I am not looking for anything to harsh as this will be the first time I take this thing out so have no idea if 4 wheel low even works lol ( and I still need to get to work)...... Tires are sorted now at least.

Very easy courses at Bagshot ideal beginner site any standard Jeep can do much of the site  ! You can get off road insurance there is public liability too covered by blue light off-road club who we paid to have the site for Saturday . 

• Platinum Member

Hi Marky ,

Come to this if you can , perfect place for finding out just what you and your Jeep can do ,, believe me you will be  pleasantly surprised if not amazed , 4x4's come to life at events like this its what they are built for and so at home it is incredible ,,, A day at Bagshot got me hooked  :great: :glasses:

Marky

Last year Bagshot was my first real event with my JK, everyone made me welcome and offered advise.

It's well worth the day out if you can.

Following are a couple of shots from last year.

But check out last years photos for a better look at what's on offer and what you could do.

https://www.jeep-owners-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=18

PS, still 2 places on the driver training in the afternoon, but no pressure

image.thumb.jpg.8071d64d4c900d05833cab19de848dff.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.ad9a9ab2aa25673844ef7e1eec21a6c9.jpg

• Platinum Member

Thanks guys :) Looks good. I am hoping the wife will get the day off otherwise I am stuck with the rugrat!! Not something I want to bring a 2 yr old with on my own! 

Just wanted to ensure I would have a better then average chance of getting home without the aid of a recovery vehicle ( shit happens but rather be safe then sorry)  and to work the next day lol....

• Platinum Member

I shall be attending now. Sorted out insurance with Adrian Flux! Amazing fully comp even when offroading as long as I dont drive into a lake intentionally?? That would be interesting to see how that would pan out lol......

And the recovery man will come a collect me from that lake I accidently drove into :)

I have paid my £20 now

4NU21669VY010862K Paypal confirmation.

See you all Saturday. Is there a meet point anywhere in the morning for those coming down Saturday morning?

• Platinum Member

I'd be interested in a more advanced course....with a certificate. They do a professional course, but that's probably too much. Something HSE might approve....

Marky, I'm heading down Saturday morning from Oxford area (Weston on the Green), planning on leaving around 10am , Could convoy down there perhaps , Anyone else on A34- M40 route there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Marky, I'm heading down Saturday morning from Oxford area (Weston on the Green), planning on leaving around 10am , Could convoy down there perhaps , Anyone else on A34- M40 route there ?

Cool. I live BBL way so were and when would you like to meet up?

Could do Oxford services at jct 8 M40 ? Just after 10 am ....

• Platinum Member

That is fine with me. I will see you there around 10ish Saturday.

• Platinum Member

I'm 50/50 right now on getting my jeep ready in time. Hopefully the parts will get here in time

• Platinum Member

I'm 50/50 right now on getting my jeep ready in time. Hopefully the parts will get here in time

How did the front lokka locker behave itself on the Wales trip?

• Platinum Member

How did the front lokka locker behave itself on the Wales trip?

Generally very good. While off road it was just amazing it feels like you can literally crawl over/up anything.  However when running lanes you have to judge when to change to 2WD so that by the time you pull onto the tarmac to head to the next lane you have given the transfer box enough time to switch.  I found sticking it in neutral and blipping the throttle helped speed things up but also misjudged it a couple of times which results in all sorts of bangs and steering judder

• Platinum Member

Sorry all, I would love to do this event again but as stated previously I have a family commitment in Bristol.

My Bristol trip is off due to unforeseen circumstances so I will be attending!  See you there. I will pay my dues next few days

• Platinum Member

Hi, newbie to JOC here...joined in the last couple of weeks. Just paid my £20. 

Got a commitment in Alton in the morning but will be with over in Bagshot for midday-ish.

Really looking forward to the event. Bringing the kids.  Been a while since we've driven off road so be gentle on us!

Hi, newbie to JOC here...joined in the last couple of weeks. Just paid my £20. 

Got a commitment in Alton in the morning but will be with over in Bagshot for midday-ish.

Really looking forward to the event. Bringing the kids.  Been a while since we've driven off road so be gentle on us!

Paul, will be good to see you there.

Bagshot has a number of routes, so I'm sure you will be fine.