New member to the family

Arno

• Platinum Member

I manage to pull a build sheet for my JK .. and spotted this

5 Additional Gallons of Gas

Do we have a bigger fuel tank over in the UK ?

This made me laugh

Spring - Left Front
Spring - Left Rear
Spring - Right Front
Spring - Right Rear

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Arno said:

5 Additional Gallons of Gas

Hi Arno they just add addition 5 US gallons of gas for shipping ! 

The build sheets though can get quite confusing as some export JK's even get the satellite radio antenna added (Sirus radio in USA)

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

So it's came time to rip it off..

I have DRLs on the Jeep, and this is the best place they could find to for the power distribution box, next to the fog light.. need to find a new home for that unit!

Was a bit surprised of the plastically look and feel of the fog lights.. I looked at a few options, JW Speaker look brilliant, but at a cost.. I also like the KC Gravity G4 lights, but not that easy to get over here

Hmm, disissions disissions ... 

Luckily can't drive very far at the moment, so have time to surf the web a bit (any recommendations)

20200412_152901.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

For those of you that replaced the factory plastic front bumper with an aftermarket steel bumper on your JK, what have you done with the gap between the bumper and the grill.  

I was thinking to cutup the old plastic one that came off, and try to fit it in there.. But curious to hear what other have done

The gap is 65 mm

20200511_150325.jpg

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, Arno said:

For those of you that replaced the factory plastic front bumper with an aftermarket steel bumper on your JK, what have you done with the gap between the bumper and the grill.  

I was thinking to cutup the old plastic one that came off, and try to fit it in there.. But curious to hear what other have done

The gap is 65 mm

20200511_150325.jpg

........put a winch in it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

I'm surprised at the gap of the Rubicon 10A bumper, wonder what was the thinking behind it .. but yes, it does beg to be filled with something 😉

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, John said:

I’ve just looked at mine and I’ve only got 30mm ... but a different bumper 🙃 

5E2FC5ED-ECBF-4712-8C82-ED847D0C7B54.jpeg

hi John, I am currently looking for a new stubby winch bumper, mine is very bent and a bit rusty now,what bumper is yours, and where did you get it from

• Platinum Member
Maverick23
6 hours ago, Arno said:

The gap is 65 mm

Hi Arno

i cut the old infill on my JK and it neatly filled the gaps. That was over 4 years ago now ... still looks ok 😎

46 minutes ago, frosty said:

hi John, I am currently looking for a new stubby winch bumper, mine is very bent and a bit rusty now,what bumper is yours, and where did you get it from

I bought these ... front and rear ... but tbh I can’t remember where from ...I could find the invoice if u have no luck sourcing them 

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-full-width-front-winch-bumper-10596.html

• Platinum Member
10 hours ago, Maverick23 said:

Hi Arno

i cut the old infill on my JK and it neatly filled the gaps. That was over 4 years ago now ... still looks ok 😎

Think I'll do the same.  Do you have any pictures of the end result ?

• Platinum Member

On my first bumper I tried to cut down the infill panel, but it looked pretty awful.  So I hunted down the US infill panel.  I did go with the MOPAR part.

Having just looked on the Quadratec site they have the MOPAR part listed - https://www.quadratec.com/products/12112_1905_07.htm

I also see Crown Automotive do one as well - https://www.quadratec.com/products/12005_0016.htm

there are Crown Automotive stockist in the UK.  The MOPAR part I go through a jeep dealer

This is what the panel looks like with an AEV bumper fitted

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3728.JPG

• Platinum Member
49 minutes ago, fen01 said:

On my first bumper I tried to cut down the infill panel, but it looked pretty awful.  So I hunted down the US infill panel.  I did go with the MOPAR part.

Having just looked on the Quadratec site they have the MOPAR part listed - https://www.quadratec.com/products/12112_1905_07.htm

I also see Crown Automotive do one as well - https://www.quadratec.com/products/12005_0016.htm

there are Crown Automotive stockist in the UK.  The MOPAR part I go through a jeep dealer

This is what the panel looks like with an AEV bumper fitted

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

This looks good, thanks! 

I Can't seem to find the Crown Automotive in UK that's sells parts, so think I will first try the trimming of the old fill, and depending on the outcome, get it from the US then 😉

• Platinum Member
Maverick23
13 hours ago, Arno said:

Think I'll do the same.  Do you have any pictures of the end result ?

I will take one or two tomorrow ... but won’t be near a computer until Friday. I have never worked out how to get pics from mobile phone onto the JOC forum 🥴

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Maverick23 said:

I will take one or two tomorrow ... but won’t be near a computer until Friday. I have never worked out how to get pics from mobile phone onto the JOC forum 🥴

Hi Kerry what phone do you have ? You should be able to upload photo's from your phone. I have only tested on iPhone though to be honest.

• Platinum Member
Maverick23
8 hours ago, stewart said:

Hi Kerry what phone do you have ? You should be able to upload photo's from your phone. I have only tested on iPhone though to be honest.

iPhone XR ... any tips would be great ... but you should remember Stewart that fall heavily into the “Luddite” category 🥴

CRIKEY‼️ I just pressed “click to choose files” and got access to my photo library.

Impressed 👍👍

Not so impressed with the pic ... as there is not a lot to see. Arno from memory I refixed old cover AFTER cutting the width off square. It looks neat enough with my AEV standard front bumper and is hardly noticeable.

Certainly worth a try ... if it doesn’t work ... then you can try the after market 😎

98001D68-48A5-403F-BD1E-06EF591E4CDF.jpeg

• Platinum Member

Thanks guys,

Think I'll start by trimming the old plastic fill and see what that looks like then..  hope I can slide it in without removing the bumper again, as its a pain to get everything to line up

Edited by Arno