TYRES

063RAF

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Hi  firstly  you have to decide what you are going to use the jeep for then the percentage of time you will use it for each  activity  .then do you want premium  or budget brands the n you can start with a short list of tread patterns and brands only then can you start to make a choice 

• Platinum Member

Hi, welcome aboard!

Geoff is spot on. Personally I prefer ATs if doing a lot on road but need off road ability but MTs If I want better off road ability.  The road noise is important to me but many of the  MTs are quite acceptable noise level depending on how fast you drive etc.

There was an article posted June 7th in general 'What tyres on a TJ' which you might find useful.  KJs are a gr8 Jeep but tyre info is pretty much the same for all.  Also , I've found  'offroaders. com/tyre reviews'  quite useful as you can easily see a comparison of different types.

PS I have a brand new 2" lift kit for a KJ going cheap if its of interest.

That's definitely the best advice on tyres.  Dare I say it, it also depends on what you like the look of, I should have standard road tyres on mine based on use - but I've got some BFG Muds...

• Platinum Member

Mud terrain tyres are noisier more uneconomical and probably more uncomfortable ,Guess what I’ve got !!

can’t beat a wrangler on muds in my opinion.

• Platinum Member
On 06/09/2019 at 15:09, Tony said:

Mud terrain tyres are noisier more uneconomical and probably more uncomfortable ,Guess what I’ve got !!

can’t beat a wrangler on muds in my opinion.

Toyo Open Country MT, 295/70 r17 on my standard rims. Quite and smooth ride. And looks the doodahs of course.