Weather mats

Surfer

• Platinum Member

I have been looking while for decent weather mats to protect the front carpets in the Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I have received notification that they are not in stock.  These are top of the range and not cheap knock offs however IMHO worth every penny. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WeatherTech-Black-Floor-Liner-Front-Mats-for-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-2013-to-2014/113346947476?hash=item1a64012994:g:o5gAAOSwRjxdLdj9

• Platinum Member
45 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I have been looking while for decent weather mats to protect the front carpets in the Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I have received notification that they are not in stock.  These are top of the range and not cheap knock offs however IMHO worth every penny.  See https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WeatherTech-Black-Floor-Liner-Front-Mats-for-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-2013-to-2014/113346947476?hash=item1a64012994:g:o5gAAOSwRjxdLdj9

You need to be sure you get RHD mats as well for the front

• Platinum Member

Mats for our 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit vehicle got delivered yesterday.  They are RHD.  Driver's side mat fits perfectly however there is an issue with the passenger side.  Mat fits in okay except that the mat has the clip holes on either side   The 2012 Jeep only has one clip and that is in the middle.  The mat is slightly lifted where the clip is located but not really that noticeable. 

I have taken this up with the eBay seller and hope they can resolve the issue as we would like to keep the driver's side mat as that side is the one that gets used the most.  Otherwise they look very nice and are a quality item.  I will try and post a picture.

Edited by Surfer

• Platinum Member

Fitted the Weathertech mats today and they look great.  You will notice that I had to modify the passenger side as the 2012 Jeep GC only has one clip in the middle.  I drilled a small hole and it now fits perfectly.  Tired to cleaning carpets almost weekly in the winter as we use our caravan quite a bit on grass sites.

Weathertech driver's side.jpg

Weathertech passenger side.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 01/10/2019 at 15:42, Fireman Iain said:

They look the business. Might look into getting myself a set. 

With all this rain and mud as we live in a rural area the mats are very welcome.  Come summer we may take them out but in the meantime a lot of wear and tear is being saved on the original mats.  😀

• Platinum Member

Been running a set of these in my 2007 built JK for 10 years ... they just dont wear out.

Initially when I contacted them they stated they wont fit RHD but the floor plan was identical to LHD  

Just a liability thing I guess