Plasti dipping ?

RusskyMan

Hello. I’m sure this has been posted before but cannot find it - looking for an instructional video or similar on Plasti dipping my Jeep signs ..... as seen in picture - can anyone point me in right direction ? 

I’ve had one successful plasti dip result as you can see from the blue insert ..... but don’t particularly want to take the jeep signs off 2CF2F023-5645-42CB-B808-241E84B882AB.thumb.jpeg.021e0389b4078ae31b88467bc946c334.jpeg

Cheaper and easier to replace with black badges ? Loads available through Jeep or online ..... 

If you’re going to use plastidip my advice as with all paint is prep , prep and more prep. Clean the area thoroughly and use a decent panel wipe. Allow any moisture from the wipe to evaporate. Mask of the area with around 2” around decal to be painted .If it’s warm you’ll be better than if it’s cold but not blistering hot in direct sun.

Dust light coats on building up the paint on the area slowly giving 2/3 minutes at least between coats. Build up the layers typically 5/6 light dusted on coats then leave for 30 minutes or until dry to the touch. Then peel away unwanted paint , you need a craft knife to help in parts the are hard to peel off and help break away from the decal. Lots of YouTube bids out there. I went on a coarse many years back as I was going to fully do my TJ in in (Bright Green) but despite the coarse  and buying 5 litres of it never got round to it.

👍

• Thanks 1