Hawkstone Park off road site 3 November

Stu2985

• Area Representative

Hawkestone Park 3rd November

Hi All,

I am organising (a non JOC event) multi marque 4x4 day out at Hawkestone Park on Sunday 3rd November from 10am to 4pm for those interested. JOC members are invited to attend this event with road legal vehicles only. It is the site of Ash 4x4 post code SY4 5YJ And is in Shropshire. Some of you may have been before as JOC have hired it out previously.

I have booked the off road site for members of the green lane association.   It is not a general public day it’s only for the use of JOC and Glass.  We also have a fun punch hunt running that you are welcome to take part in and is included in the price. 

£25 pay on the gate on the day.. no need to pre book.  

Hawkstone is a site for trail rated 4x4 jeeps. If it is wet it can be slippy.  If your thinking of coming check with me a couple days before as Road or all terrain tyres can struggle if it’s wet.   Hawkstone has areas for every skill level and 2 professional instructors will be on site to offer help and advice.  It is a safe and well  site  and is not a mud pit.  

Some of you may know me from summer camp and previous Hawkstones (I am one of the  green lane groups leaders at summer camp). I am also JOC Shropshire rep.  

Any questions ask away .  Also if your interested please let me know by posting below.

thankyou

Edited by Stu2985

• Area Representative
3 hours ago, TimC said:

.......and I’m a member of both, does that mean I get in for half price ? 😁

lol @ £25 that is half price compared to most other sites  but will give you an A for trying lol

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Will be ther unless something daft stops me date is logged in the diary 

• Area Representative
10 hours ago, PDB said:

£25 per Jeep?

Yup £25 per jeep regardless of how many of you drive it.  As you as all drivers have passed their test of course  🙂

• Area Representative

The longer jeeps can have an advantage on some of the hill climbs but then so so much amogst the tree sections. Something for everyone

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

I can definitely think of one hill descent that is more suitable for Lwb Jeeps.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Bit of a update  I have managed to negotiate a good deal so the entry fee will now only be £20 per vehicle.  Any number of drivers as long as the vehicle is road legal and all drivers have a valid licence. All drivers must sign on.  The punch hunt is included in the £20 fee

There is a cafe and proper toilets at the site along with a BBQ.

Any questions feel free to ask away

Edited by Stu2985

• Area Representative

So basically hidden around the site are 20 what look like staplers - each one has a unique pin  pattern that creates a unique hole when punched into a card. They are connected to trees or various things by a length of plastic cable.  On your wingmirror is fastened a card again on a length of plastic cable. The   idea is you have to get your vehicle close enough to the punch,to punch the correct square on your card. Explame punch number 12 (punch is labelled) punches square 12 on your card.  Your not allowed to remove card or punch ffrom the cable.  Its fun   some are hidden but easy to get at others need some clever thinking but all vechiles can get them and a coupel will be very hard for winch equipped trucks with lockers etc trying to get get them.

You may have  done something similar at school in orienteering

Edited by Stu2985

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Dont forget folks Sunday 3rd November is soon approaching.

Hawkstore park private off road day. 10 -4 £20 per vehicle road legal only. All dirvers must hold vaild license  

Cafe and proper toilets

Hoping to have BBQ and fire pit as well incase its chilly

Familes and pets welcome. 

Will keep you posted on here if weather affects the site.

If its wet its not really suited to 2 wd Renegades. 

There will be other 4x4's there as well so its a great opportunity to see how other makes handle the terrain.  Its a private day so besides JOC open invite there are a few personal friends and members of Green lane association can attend as well.

Hakwstone is not an old quarry so you wont be getting plastered up to your axles in mud (There is a mud hole if thats your sort of thing however). It is set in a wodded area with plenty of hills and slopes to test vehicles and drivers of every ability.

Edited by Stu2985

• 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Don’t forget folks this Sunday Hawkstone park off road site private day.  Near Hodnet, Shropshire.   

it’s an event organised by myself.  It’s £20 a vehicle (bargain) includes the fun punch hunt. 

great site and it’s not a big clay pit. It’s Well run and muppet free.  

Jeep club have booked it on previous occasions. 

Any questions ask away.  I will confirm Saturday that it is still on in case we have more torrential rain.  

• Area Representative

if you want to meet up there is a convoy meeting at Shawbirch petrol station Telford at 9am  leaving at 9:30 I suspect you will go past it anyway on your way to Hawkstone.

Petrol station and travel lodge on Shawbirch Rd, Admaston, Telford TF5 0AD if you fancy it

• Area Representative

Hawkstone park has a couple of entrances.  There is the main house with golf course and there is the follies.  Its the follies you want.  You drive through stone gates drive straight down through the car park to the very bottom.   If you go down to Hodent then throught the high street the road bends around to the right.  You go straight over then a few hundred meters is a sign post for Hawkstone park on the right

i put the  emain house post code up ooppps

SY4 5JY should be the follies    Channel 27 and my mobile is 07908 042321

Edited by Stu2985

• Area Representative

itwas good to meet you and your good lady. You have a  lovely jeep and well thought out mods.  I hope you had a good time.

• Jules locked this topic