Dog restraint

Mairn

• Platinum Member

Hi guys! Newbie, Cherokee owner, what do you recommend to secure a large dog in the boot? He has a harness and in the past has had a strap that secured him into the seat belt unit. I have a divider ready to go in so it’s really just a way to keep him safe I need! Cheers! 

• Platinum Member

Thanks PDB! He’s a big dog so one that’s be big enough for him would be too big for the Cherokee, I’ll try and get dimensions though. X

• Platinum Member

I had a cage for our dog several years ago fold down more or less flat when not in use it was for grand Cherokee ZJ . The firm was Barjo engineering not sure if still around but purpose built. 

• Platinum Member

Hi Guys! He’s not quite Great Dane size lol, just a very large Aussie Labradoodle, 30kg so you don’t want him popping through between the seats. I have a clear divider so my rear view isn’t obscured it was more something that’d make a secure link between his harness and the metal bar in the boot I was looking for. Had a quick look at the Barjo site, not looking to spend almost £600 on a crate, more often than not he’s in Hubby’s Nissan. Thanks though! 🤗