Aldermaston Sunday 6 October

Volant165

• Platinum Member

*** ADVANCE TICKET SALES CLOSES TONIGHT AT 8PM***

***£40 ON THE GATE***

Aldermaston 4x4 Sunday 6th October 2019 FOR JOC CLUB MEMBERS ONLY.

VIP £25

Gold £30

Silver £35 

CUT OFF FOR ADVANCED TICKETS VIA JOCSHOP;

2000 hrs Friday 04 October

PAY ON THE DAY at the gate.

All members £40, no exceptions

On Sunday 6th of October the  JOC's have hired  the great little site of Aldermaston 4x4 near Reading exclusively for JOC members!

At Aldermaston there is wide range of driving conditions with sections suitable for beginners and others that will challenge the most experienced of drivers. All terrain tyres are recommended as a Minimum for this site but not essential.

Advance Purchase will included :

Access to Aldermaston 4x4 Site

Price is per Jeep including passengers.

All vehicles must be road legal and full driving licence in  force for each driver.

Please ensure your Jeep has suitable recovery points. TOW BARS ARE NOT RECOVERY POINTS!

Spectators welcome only JOC members can Drive

FREE DRIVER TRAINING with purchase of a ticket will be available at this event! 

Opening time:

Sign in from 9:30am 10:00am Start.

Site closes 16:00 pm

Site Facilities:

Portable WC.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THERE ARE NO CATERING FACILITIES ON SITE

Aldermaston 4x4 site Address :

Harbour Hill,

Aldermaston.

RG7 4PH

Geo coordinates :

51.372720, -1.151076

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=459142&Y=164232&A=Y&Z=110

Attendees:

Neal

Brad

Volant165

digger

otruk

Geoff Meadows

Matt

Tony

Raakhee

Slammedeluxe

Mattsjeep

CandsEvo7

Chris Roberts

Chrissmith505

JuicyLucie

Dannyhawk

Chris Roberts

koning2e

DanSeldon

TonyandAneta

Westy1983

Bela

Stitch4x4

dunxvt100

PatriotUK

Nikolay

zapcat52

BUZZ n PAUL.jpg

deep green meany.jpg

Jeep_Habitat.jpg

TJ--The_Jungle.jpg

• Platinum Member

🥺😩😢 another date I can’t do. Think I’ve only managed to make one event this year and that was Slindon in January.....my VIP discount goes unused! 😢😢

• Platinum Member

Hopefully you used it for your Compass. Cracking deal for club members!

• Platinum Member
12 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Hopefully you used it for your Compass. Cracking deal for club members!

Yesh, it’s a pity the timing wasn’t better. Would have been ideal for the Compass as it was a personal purchase but that was last year so not available. For the Renegade this year would have been a  about a £4500 discount but ended up getting it through the Company on a business contract hire so couldn’t use it 😩😩

Great site, as in the picture above I got a little stuck last time in Green Meany.

Think it’s going to be the TJ’s turn for an outing this time 😁

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Yes I remember that day well and you were not the only one to get stuck......

If I remember correctly, Paul won the muddiest Jeep competition last time we were at Aldermaston Here is the link to the event report and photos from last time -

aldermaston8.jpg

aldermaston6.jpg

aldermaston7.jpg

Yeah pics show it perfectly , Paul winched out off of me then I had a good and I winched off him lol Great day!

• Platinum Member
22 hours ago, Chrisby said:

Great site, as in the picture above I got a little stuck last time in Green Meany.

Think it’s going to be the TJ’s turn for an outing this time 😁

Yep, a good site for getting stuck. I remember having to be pulled out of the mud by Stewart..........and luckily had you and Neal on hand for moral support 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimC said:

Yep, a good site for getting stuck. I remember having to be pulled out of the mud by Stewart..........and luckily had you and Neal on hand for moral support 😂🤣😂

And I might even have a photo somewhere 🤔🤣😂

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

I can't do this one unfortunately I am on night shifts all weekend. 😫

• Platinum Member

Is it a given that you will get stuck on this site? I mean Green Meany needed help. Can I come play or is my Renegade not up to spec?

Also, when will us silver minions be able to buy tickets, asking for someone else

• Platinum Member
16 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

Is it a given that you will get stuck on this site? I mean Green Meany needed help. Can I come play or is my Renegade not up to spec?

Also, when will us silver minions be able to buy tickets, asking for someone else

😀.. no, as with most sites, as with Tong for example, there are relatively easy bits...hard bits.....and stupid bits where you will get stuck, but only if you're daft enough to have a go ( guilty as charged your honor! ). There is some difficult stuff for sure at Aldermaston, but no worse than Tong or Slindon. It's a small site , but pleasant and if you did Tong then there's no reason you couldn't go along and have a lot of fun. And as with most events, if you don't fancy taking the Renegade on some bits there will be people who'll be only to glad to offer you a drive around the trickier bits as a passenger.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raakhee said:

As @TimC mentioned the site has plenty for everyone and will offer something for your Renegade. 

I think Green Meany was trying to get stuck if I remember correctly 🤔 as I think @TimC was too 🤣

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Well, then I will come along for a fun day out. Now to convince the Renegade squad 😁

PS. I'm not above doing stupid stuff too

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, neal said:

As @TimC mentioned the site has plenty for everyone and will offer something for your Renegade. 

I think Green Meany was trying to get stuck if I remember correctly 🤔 as I think @TimC was too 🤣

Yes Neal, I was actually trying to get stuck in order to have an excuse to try out a bit of self recovery practice with the winch.........however I did a really bad job of it, although I did get well and truly stuck I did it in a position where the winch was a) buried in thick clay mud and b) I had nowhere to winch off even if I had the forethought to spool out some cable beforehand so I could reach it, which I didn’t and c) the clay was so heavy I wasn’t going anywhere forwards even with a winch....so not very clever. I’m not sure we could even have had a go at that “rear self recovery with a front mounted winch” technique where I was. 😂 ( still need to try that out sometime)

All good fun though 👍

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, neal said:

Yep, had to try real hard but managed it 🤣 and did a proper Job!

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 16/08/2019 at 03:41, TimC said:

Always happy to help Tim! 

• Platinum Member

Me as well,think it was Aldermaston could of been Slindon as I’ve been whinched out of both.

45791D7F-8883-4123-BB52-6C7EC47C16C5.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
37 minutes ago, Tony said:

Me as well,think it was Aldermaston could of been Slindon as I’ve been whinched out of both.

45791D7F-8883-4123-BB52-6C7EC47C16C5.jpeg

Think that was Slindon Tony, I remember watching from the sidelines.........could be wrong though, one muddy hole does look much like another 😁

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, stewart said:

Always happy to help Tim! 

👍 ...at least you got to play with the winch Stewart 😉

• Platinum Member
14 minutes ago, TimC said:

Think that was Slindon Tony, I remember watching from the sidelines.........could be wrong though, one muddy hole does look much like another 😁

Tony, this was Slindon earlier this year..  I helped a WJ that got stuck on top a hill/ledge .. you came along and then got stuck in the watery hole. 😉

• Haha 1