A sad (ish) day 😕

TimC

• Platinum Member

Today I have.......

.......retired my JKU as my daily driver 🙁 after 76+ thousand miles and nearly 5 years. It’s a bit sad as I’ll miss the smiles I get every time I get in it but needed something to take the miles and the pressure off it and also reduce the fuel costs. So today I said hello to my new daily drive, Jeep number five a 1.0l Renegade Limited. It’s not a 4x4 Jeep sadly (fuel economy won out ) but I console myself with the fact that I don’t actually own it, just renting it for 3 years.

B98694DF-263E-4324-B6C8-E61FEB9F9B7D.jpeg

DADC9B10-F94D-45DF-98C9-A10E2F04F616.jpeg

I had one of those last week as a loan car when mine was in for a service....

im really impressed with them ....

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, John said:

I had one of those last week as a loan car when mine was in for a service....

im really impressed with them ....

Yeah, I do really like it, have always liked the little Renegades and the facelift is an improvement I think. Too much tech though, delivery was delayed a day because of a software fault 😳🙄

Funnily enough the first time I got in it to drive home from work I came up to a roundabout and dropped in behind a brand new JL ( with the reg WR14GLR ) one of the very rare occasions that happens  and I wasn’t in my Wrangler so didn’t feel I could Jeep wave 😕

Ha ! I will admit the tec pad on the dash was a mare to get on with... 

i was trying to navigate traffic and ... set the radio.... set the air con ... set the sat nav ( gave up on that was far to complicated to just jump in to and go ) then I tried to turn the radio up .... !! No simple knob to turn for that then ? Started pushing the buttons on the stealing wheel ! Big mistake the readout then changes where the Speedo is ! 

I don’t know how I managed to get home with out crashing tbh ... 

i wish they would keep the simple things in life like knobs ? And easy sat nav 😶

its prob rob just my age ...