Reading Meet Up - Any takers??

Damien1990

• Platinum Member

Hello All, 

just wondering if anyone fancies a meet up at some point?  dates TBD i am fairly new to the whole community and seems i have missed allot of the excitement this year in the way of events and meet ups.  i would love to show off some of the mods i have done and discuss future mods with fellow enthusiasts and generally lark about and have a good chat. 

i am super flexible with regards to meet up points however, one of my favorite haunts is the cunning man pub just outside burghfield, plenty of parking great food and beers and very close to some scenic country lanes & fields. 

i am not sure if this is the most effective way of organizing a meet up or the right forum but i am super keen if there are others who would like to meet for a beer. 

secondly i would love to get some advice on green lanning withing the Berkshire/ reading area. 

• Like 1

David,

Welcome to the group.

There are quite a few of us around the Reading area and I am sure a few would be more than happy to meet up.

Biggest challenge is going to be venue and dates, but perhaps between us we can sort something out.

Neal

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, neal said:

David,

Welcome to the group.

There are quite a few of us around the Reading area and I am sure a few would be more than happy to meet up.

Biggest challenge is going to be venue and dates, but perhaps between us we can sort something out.

Neal

Hello Neal, 

Thank you for the welcome. i have noticed a few beasts out and about. 

i know what you mean. i am keen as mustard to meet up and i am sure we can sort something out. 

you may be able to answer this, apart from this owners group what are some other websites where you can find out more about events? not only jeep events but just general 4x4 events etc etc/

• Platinum Member

David,

Welcome- im in- im only in Bracknell.. Mind you i need to fix the TJ before i agree to a meet- LOL

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, Damien1990 said:

Hello Neal, 

Thank you for the welcome. i have noticed a few beasts out and about. 

i know what you mean. i am keen as mustard to meet up and i am sure we can sort something out. 

you may be able to answer this, apart from this owners group what are some other websites where you can find out more about events? not only jeep events but just general 4x4 events etc etc/

There a few. not sure if im allowed to post links etc 

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi all.  Just seen this post. I should log in more often! 

I am between Basingstoke and Reading; own a TJ.  

It would be great to meet up. Did you manage to progress the idea further?

Still of interest?

Tony

• Platinum Member

I could probably make it too, depending on date and exact venue, Reading is about 1 1/2 hrs for me.

• Platinum Member
6 minutes ago, digger said:

I could probably make it too, depending on date and exact venue, Reading is about 1 1/2 hrs for me.

Where about would you be travelling from? Could meet closer to you... 

• Platinum Member

I’m based in Newbury so definitely up for this. There is loads of us around this area. Maybe we can arrange something at summer camp if you’re there. 

• Platinum Member

I would love to have come along to Summer Camp but am already booked for that weekend. Defo next year, but hope to catch up with many of you much sooner than that. See what interest you can gather for an extra local meet up soon after Summer Camp. Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Harry,

I've tried to get in touch but can't and pm won't work either. 

R u doing Aldermarston.?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps.

Silver members do not have the ability to send or receive messages. Their membership has very limited access to the forum.

• Platinum Member
50 minutes ago, Jules said:

Hope this helps.

Silver members do not have the ability to send or receive messages. Their membership has very limited access to the forum.

Good isn't it.....