Kielder 4x4 Safari 7 December 2019

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Jeep Owners Club Kielder 4×4 Safari Saturday December 7th 2019  ***LIMITED SPACES***

Continuing our support for MOUNTAIN RESCUE we are once again offering the unique experience for the 4×4 enthusiast.

A day of guided trail blazing in the heart of Kielder and Wark Forests. you will get to drive a variety of tracks throughout the heart of the forest well away from the road and other forest users.

Route
The Kielder 4×4 Safari takes a variety of routes depending on weather, harvesting and conservation issues. We vary the route to ensure the long term sustainability of event.
All timings and meeting points will be confirmed once you have booked, but previously we have met at Kielder Castle Forest Park Centre NE48 1ER to set off for 9am.

Vehicles
All vehicles that take part in the Kielder 4×4 Safari events must be roadworthy. Every driver must present upon request their certificate of insurance and driver’s license together with their MoT certificate if applicable. All vehicles must hold current vehicle excise duty.
All vehicles will be subject to scrutiny. Defects or modifications that may compromise the safety of the vehicle, its occupants or members of the public will not be allowed to take part. Similarly, any vehicle showing signs of oil or other fluid leaks will not be allowed to take part.
Conventional 4×4 type vehicles will be able to accomplish the majority of the route. Before undertaking any section drivers must assess both the capabilities of their vehicle and driving ability. A conventional 4×4 can be regarded as a vehicle with good ground clearance, four wheel drive and a centre locking differential or equivalent drive system.

Event Booking
All bookings must be made via the Keilder Safari Website.

https://www.kielder4x4safari.co.uk/?product=jeep-owners-club-event-saturday-7th-december-2019

Please notify us that you have booked (email admin@jeepowners.club), or post ‘booking confirmed’ in response to this topic on the forum. 

Accommodation

This venue is located near Hexham, which should offer a number of locations for accommodation. It is around 30 miles drive away from the start / finish of the Keilder Forest safari. Last year a number of us stopped at 'The George' http://www.coastandcountryhotels.com/our-hotels/the-george-hotel-chollerford?cm_mmc=Online-_-Google-_-Googleplaces-_-CCH]http://www.coastandcountryhotels.com/our-hotels/the-george-hotel-chollerford?cm_mmc=Online-_-Google-_-Googleplaces-_-CCH,]http://www.coastandcountryhotels.com/our-hotels/the-george-hotel-chollerford?cm_mmc=Online-_-Google-_-Googleplaces-_-CCH
Please note that you will need to arrange your own accommodation. 

Attendees with confirmed booking:

1. Blue Star
  2.  The1970Jules
  3.  Gptm13
  4.  TiffTaffToff
  5.  Mikey 
  6.  Trevaro
  7.  Paul Dennis
  8.  Raakhee
  9.  Westy1983
  10.  Codi
  11.  doodle-bug24
  12. Volant165
  13. C. Tomlinson
  14. Reiver

• Platinum Member

If anyone is thinking about it don't hesitate was one of the best days I've had with my Commander sadly I won't be a jeep owner by the time this comes round again or I'd be there i a heartbeat 

• Platinum Member
11 hours ago, neal said:

Great trip last year, good numbers and some great views 

46FEBD4F-1180-4668-94F1-28EDE83162FD.jpeg

64AFF0C0-5EBD-4345-AB05-2A1C49C0D07D.jpeg

E6012DB0-B186-46A5-BC27-4CB75798DE85.MOV

OOOOOOOOOh io can see me in there!

Great time there- Been the last 2x years. Not sure ill go again this year- however- ive just looked at my work calendar and Im off.Maybe i will

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member
the1970Jules

Booking confirmed.  Looks like a great day.  I used to marshal for the Pirelli Rally International in Kielder, can’t wait to get back to the tracks and trails.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Paul.dennis@btinternet.co

Please add me to the list of Jeep owners signed up and paid. I’m now looking for accommodation

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Marcus Durand

Sadly, too far for me during term time. I'd love to do this event though, maybe next time.

Marcus.

• Platinum Member
On 28/09/2019 at 15:24, Reiver said:

Booking confirmed. Looking forward to seeing more than the odd solitary Jeep 😀

I am currently twisting my husband's arm to attend. Renegades may be represented 

Usually get a good turn out

3609998E-1740-4460-902C-11D0583A56C6.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Last time I did Kielder it was my jeep and 12 Land Rover/range rovers

1 hour ago, Trevaro said:

Last time I did Kielder it was my jeep and 12 Land Rover/range rovers

Last 2 years of the club run in December, we have had between 20 and 30 Jeeps, so hopefully you will see a good turn out this year too.

0564B29E-5815-4155-846E-9E0C634AE72F.jpeg

5FA18DA2-9E9C-4DAE-9B21-82188CA35045.jpeg

D94B1A59-ABB8-4D12-90CB-642A7DEDBEE3.jpeg

7DEEF147-84F2-42BC-9950-CF67DB7CA35E.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Husband has agreed 😁 Booking confirmed. Add me to the list. Super excited 🤗

Renegades will be represented 🤘

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
32 minutes ago, Jim said:

Chainsaws and axes are not allowed on this trip, unless you get an Xmas tree for me as well 😀

If I "lean" against a tree and it falls, can I claim it as mine 🤔

• 2 weeks later...