Hi again all - New JKU time

Tony Bennett

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

Hi All,

It has been a while since I last posted on here, so long in fact I can't find my old posts ?   In fact I can't find private messaging so that must be pary of the paid membership area.

Three years of ownership of my 4JKU Rubicon are up in Septemeber.  I own the only Black Rubicon in my area and being so unique has been really cool LoL.

I don't really want to let it go, but I have never got more than 21 mpg out of it and normally get a return of arund 19 -to around town.

The wife is of the opionion that this years models may have imporoved engines eeking out a fewmore miles to the gllon so the decision is for me, do I buy my current model or get a 2019MY on PCP.

I have seen a Wrangler with 4 doors and a load space behind like a Hummer H2, havn't told the wife I fancy one of those.......yet ?

I have spoken to the dealer, briefly, who tells me that the new models have 2.0L & 2.2L engines in them !!  Mines a 4L (or is that 3.9L)  anyway.

I don't know if I shoiuld go petrol and get another Rubicon or go Diesel, I don't know if newer diesel models include the Rubicon yet. I suspect that they won't.

The dealer wants to offer me a "deal"  which probably means turning my current model in early to meet some sales target they have LoL.

Can anyone give me the idots guide as to what to expect/look for in the 2019MY 4 door Wrangler and what to buy/not to buy please?

Thanks in advance

Tony (Bristol area)

PS  I am going to have to clean the interior roofs before September as they are white with black marks, anyone have any tips please?

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

Ah well, I rang Jeep and had a look at the deals and bought a new Rubicon.  I couldn't get one in Black but got a £7k discount on one in Billett.

I rather like the Ribicon in black, but a change is as good as a rest as they say ?

It has a diesel engine, I'm not so bothered by that, my only issue now is that I have to clean the white interior roof before saturday 8th june when I pick my new one up.

Any advice would be gfratefully received.

regards

Tony

30 minutes ago, Tony Bennett said:

No one with any tips on the roof cleaning then?

Tony,

Nope no tips, only run the soft top myself. Have a dusty hard top in the garage.

I would look at some of the caravan and RV cleaners and test out a small area first.

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

Cheers Neal, although the garage assures me that the same problem with condensation doesnt exist in MY2019 models !!!

1 minute ago, Tony Bennett said:

Cheers Neal, although the garage assures me that the same problem with condensation doesnt exist in MY2019 models !!!

???

Time will tell on that one

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett
22 minutes ago, neal said:

???

Time will tell on that one

Oh yes, ill still keep the rag in the cabin for the roof.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

In regards to the 2.2 and 2.0 theres mixed reviews on underpowered compared to the 2.8VM that was standard. Bit more bhp from the European 3.6 (4.0 was the TJ and they didnt make RHD Rubis). Figure 16-18mpg on a petrol Rubi with buttloads of torque. I hear the 2.0 and 2.2 are well over 30mpg but then again you dont buy a wrangler for fuel economy no matter what "save the planet muppets" political rhetoric tries to tell the average car buyer...thats why they make grands and compass. 

Cant give an opinion on power tops as its easy enough to drop the rag top and less electrics to worry about failing but they look cool if you like those options.

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett
On 13/06/2019 at 16:56, Tony Bennett said:

Anyone else got an electric roof in their Rubicon please?

Cheers Mick,

I have owned a petrol engined rubi for the last 3 years, my issue was never how much it cost to run, I just wanted what the predicitions said I would get ad never did.

I am going for the diesel this time as I may be changing jobs and working further away from home so need to balance out the pay rise with the cost of gettig there ?

• Platinum Member
8 minutes ago, Tony Bennett said:

Cheers Mick,

I have owned a petrol engined rubi for the last 3 years, my issue was never how much it cost to run, I just wanted what the predicitions said I would get ad never did.

I am going for the diesel this time as I may be changing jobs and working further away from home so need to balance out the pay rise with the cost of gettig there ?

Yeah when i bought mine the garage predicted I'd get tons of women and I dont....i filed a complaint but never heard back lol. 

Apparently stateside for 2020 they might get the WK 3.0crd in their wranglers so who knows if they will open up over here since that engine has been tried and tested

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett
57 minutes ago, IrishMick said:

Yeah when i bought mine the garage predicted I'd get tons of women and I dont....i filed a complaint but never heard back lol. 

Apparently stateside for 2020 they might get the WK 3.0crd in their wranglers so who knows if they will open up over here since that engine has been tried and tested

You didnt get tone of women!!!!

You must have got my mileage then !!!!  ?