Green laning Near Coniston

Motley

• Platinum Member

Did a quite a bit laning near Coniston at the weekend with my wife and another couple who were on the same campsite as we were.

It was by far the best laning I have done. We both had smiles from ear to ear the who le time.

IMG_20190525_125931.thumb.jpg.3e4c35605b95814ac7c7a02d79c14cc5.jpg

IMG_20190525_131013.jpg

IMG_20190525_131322.jpg

IMG_20190525_140359.jpg

IMG_20190525_140953.jpg

IMG_20190525_143324.jpg

IMG_20190525_143931.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Ah, Grizedale, aka the fox.......I have never actually seen that fox sculpture, what other lanes did you do?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Tim C,

Sorry it's been so long a reply.

We did Tiberthwaite among a few others.

Today we did some amazing lanes up Westgate Weardale. One we had to turn around and nearly had the Jeep on it's side. I think only bikes can go up but hey ho, we give it a try.

Completely loving the lanes. Wish there were other people that we knew up here that would go with us and egg us on a touch .

I had a great fathers day ?

Cheers!

• Platinum Member
On 16/06/2019 at 20:38, Motley said:

Hi Tim C,

Sorry it's been so long a reply.

We did Tiberthwaite among a few others.

Today we did some amazing lanes up Westgate Weardale. One we had to turn around and nearly had the Jeep on it's side. I think only bikes can go up but hey ho, we give it a try.

Completely loving the lanes. Wish there were other people that we knew up here that would go with us and egg us on a touch .

I had a great fathers day ?

Cheers!

I guess that’s the one that runs W-E between two other lanes near Middlehope mine....it’s listed as near impassable for 4x4s due to the washouts so not surprised you had to turn back, credit for having a go. I’m sure there are plenty of other Jeep owners up your way who would happily go out laning with you, it is fun to get a few Jeeps together since they are a relatively rare sight. Have you tried posting something up on the Forum or the facebook page, you should get some takers. Should be doing another Lake District run later in the year if you’re interested. Keep on Jeeping ?

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

We will be interested in going if we can. It's good fun with two vehicles..

We just mapped the whole yorkshire dales route into viewranger tonight. 60+ miles of it and are going to have a go at the weekend all being well.

I'll have a look on facebook soon and see if anyone is round the area.

Thanks TimC ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Yorkshire dales Lanes were great. It took around 7 hours to do 66 miles but well worth it. 

There was one drop off at Dodd fell which went on for ever and was pretty scary off camber with driver on down side.

We also did In Moor Lane and Dead mans hill this weekend. Both brilliant lanes again and the sun was out 🙂

• Platinum Member
53 minutes ago, Motley said:

Yorkshire dales Lanes were great. It took around 7 hours to do 66 miles but well worth it. 

There was one drop off at Dodd fell which went on for ever and was pretty scary off camber with driver on down side.

We also did In Moor Lane and Dead mans hill this weekend. Both brilliant lanes again and the sun was out 🙂

Dead Man's Hill is a nice lane , great views over the reservoir. The abandoned village on it is worth a stop off too. Good to hear you're getting out there and making the most of your JK 👍

• Platinum Member

Tony, They're excellent thanks.

I haven't had any trouble, punctures or anything bad from them. They're a real tuff set of tyres.

Cheers

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Looking good there  motley what lane is that your on in the picture 

• Platinum Member
12 minutes ago, geoff meadows said:

Looking good there  motley what lane is that your on in the picture 

That’s the big rock step on Grizedale - the Fox

• Platinum Member
11 minutes ago, TimC said:

That’s the big rock step on Grizedale - the Fox

Certainly is 🙂

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, geoff meadows said:

So it is looked different in the picture than I remember it

It’s always the way ...... never looks the same in the photo’s as when you were doing it.