Wrangler number 3......

Chrisby

Well this wasn’t on the cards , but being down to just a few Jeeps on the drive I bought a second TJ !

Couldn’t resist it, 2.5l TJ pretty much stock apart from bumpers , 67000 miles FSH, pretty good order apart from interior need a proper valet and to top it off a price that I don’t think will ever be repeated for a TJ !  

3 Wranglers now, thankfully Kerry’s good with it as she wants a blue soft top for sunny days. But she was thinking a 3 Series Cabriolet  ?

C01709D7-A8D0-45B8-851D-6B0CCC1705EC.png

4CEE3F22-A834-48D5-B7A3-D06A8FB3395C.png

8FBB9AFF-0B55-4B65-8BD6-884130BE7C33.png

D46F94F0-1266-41A5-BBB6-4324066FACE2.png

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

?Very nice Chris, looks in good condition. Can I interest you in a 2.5 YJ to add to your Wrangler collection.?

Just now, TimC said:

?Very nice Chris, looks in good condition. Can I interest you in a 2.5 YJ to add to your Wrangler collection.?

Never been a square light fan ..

plus 3 is enough! Just the road tax is crippling! ? 

If there was only a way to get all 6 cars on one tax payment ?

maybe if I just use the same number plate for the Wranglers ? 

• Platinum Member
2 minutes ago, Chrisby said:

Just the road tax is crippling! ?

There really ought to be a way to have them all on one tax payment, you can only drive one at a time right, so you pay for the one with the highest rate and transfer it to the others when you use them.....makes perfect sense. The tax is partly why I mention the YJ actually, I now have both the CJ and the YJ SORNed because I just don’t drive them enough, the CJ will go back on for the summer but the YJ has been off the road ( not in a good way) for over 2 years, very sad ☹️ 

....oh, and square headlights on XJs and YJs .......totally cool ? ?

• Like 1

Don’t get me started on it, total my VED for the year and it’s over £1800 , at most 2 are in use at any one time. Actually even though it’s taxed my Alfa hasn’t moved apart from going for its MOT in a year, and that I could have done even i I had it on sorn. Too easy now you can do it direct debit , I should sorn and tax when/if used but never get round to it. 

Should be a pay per mile option based per driver, more than happy to have a black box to prove use ....

And Square headlights are fine on an XJ but Wranglers .... no ? lol 

• Platinum Member

What's wrong with the YJ Tim? You know I'm partial to square lights, got a YJ parked outside my shop now, and its really peaking my interest

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, Yellow said:

What's wrong with the YJ Tim? You know I'm partial to square lights, got a YJ parked outside my shop now, and its really peaking my interest

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit. Nothing really wrong with the YJ Harry, just not getting enough use, I don’t really want to see it go. Are you interested? Would be nice to hand it on to some one who would take good care of it. Actually, Today on the way to Southwold I saw two Jeeps at the roadside with for sale notices: a black Commander and a very nice looking YJ in what I can only describe as “very nearly Hydro Blue” ?, made me think of you.  

• Platinum Member

Hi, I don't blame you guys for complaining.

The thing is , we Brits don't complain enough. I wrote ,politely, to my MP ( and I think he's a good guy)  re the following.  Please tell me why we still keep the grossly unfair VED system which actually has little to do with emissions. For Example  band B (ved £30/110 emission claimed) compared to band M (£570/270) In other words,  charge 19 fold, emissions 2.4 fold. You can see that many low mileage drivers like me (5k pa} are even more unfairly treated. It gets even worse when you consider multiple car owners.

Sadly , I was told not all systems are fair!

I believe that if they charged a fair rate to everyone then they would collect more revenue any way. ''Theirs lies ,damn lies and statistics'' --  Disraeli

Lastly, how about this. I have my MOTs done properly. My YJ 4.0l went in for MOT recently.  I've known the people for years. The mechanic did the emissions and said to me ( If I went to an MOT ands the garage refused to allow me to stay with the car I would go elsewhere I like to oversee what they are doing) ''I'm going to do it again'' He did! He was amazed at the result. The machine had been recalibrated that week. He said that he had tested a 1.6 Hyundai that morning for its first mot. The emissions were worse!

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

The emissions thing is a joke pre March 2006 WK 3 litre diesel £315? Tax after March £570?

• Platinum Member

On the topic of road tax, it really does need an overhaul, but I'm just worried that they could balls it up more than it already is.
I really wouldn't be too against bringing in toll roads, seems to work well for other countries.

@Tim: possibly, lets have a look after summer see how its all looking then

• Platinum Member

Should be £200 for all cars no matter wether petrol, diesel, hybrid or electric . All use the roads so equal . That’s jus my thought as I at one point had 4 XJ’s , 

• Like 2