Hughes Jeep Beaconsfield

Rob Wrangler

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the throes of buying a Jeep at this dealership, and I'll be sure to leave a constructive review once I have the vehicle in my possession.

• Platinum Member

Had two jk’s from hughes of beaconsfield in the past rob,all went well with no problems,seem fair people to do business with.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Thanks Tony,

At the moment, I've put money down on a Jeep with them; and just a tiny bit bemused with their infrequency at keeping me posted with updates.  Keep you all posted when the matter concludes.

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Just following on from what I said earlier.  My experience with Jeep Beaconsfield has been one of overall bemusement.  I'm going to leave a Google Review and suggest that they could work on keeping their customer updated.  Being objective, I found myself chasing for an update, more so than being updated; especially after I had parted with money.  Subjectively, I wasn't even asking for daily updates, but enough for me to be happy that I actually got the Jeep. And then I was asked if I wanted some aftercare products totalling in the region of some £800 plus.

Even had a lady on FB message me, and informing me that she and her husband decided not to go ahead with vocalising their interest in a Jeep there, as the salesman they were allocated to, didn't seem interested.

More positively though, Alex from Buzz kindly collected the Jeep for me, which inevitably means..........."MODS" :-).

• Platinum Member

Unfortunately it’s a common feature of many Jeep dealers that they appear to have little interest in actually selling Jeeps, and in particular Wranglers. So much so that when I bought my JK a few years ago I actually wrote to Jeep to tell them how dreadful and lacking in product knowledge some of their dealers were ( the dealer I eventually bought from was Westaway Northampton and they were OK, but it took me a few tries to find one that was) . I had hoped that things might have improved........?

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

It was my first 'slightly tarnished' experience Tim as far as client care was concerned.

I had a Jeep Renegade from Simonstone in Bristol (Official Jeep Dealer), and the guy who dealt with me was spot on; in fact I still have a good catch up with him when I go there for a service.  I have a Hyundai 'family' estate which I take to Simonstone for a service and, if Mike the salesman sees me, he always heads out for a chat.

Quite bewildering really.

Alex (Buzz) sent me a pic to show he has collected my Jeep, which means it is in safe hands, and so I'll be writing a Google Review shortly.

• Platinum Member
35 minutes ago, Rob Wrangler said:

It was my first 'slightly tarnished' experience Tim as far as client care was concerned.

I had a Jeep Renegade from Simonstone in Bristol (Official Jeep Dealer), and the guy who dealt with me was spot on; in fact I still have a good catch up with him when I go there for a service.  I have a Hyundai 'family' estate which I take to Simonstone for a service and, if Mike the salesman sees me, he always heads out for a chat.

Quite bewildering really.

Alex (Buzz) sent me a pic to show he has collected my Jeep, which means it is in safe hands, and so I'll be writing a Google Review shortly.

I think maybe it's Wranglers that the dealers shy away from Rob , we had no such problem when we bought our Compass and even when we were considering a Grand Cherokee, but mention you’re interested in a Wrangler and they become invisible....? Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got lined up with Alex, did you go for a JK Rubicon in the end?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TimC said:

I think maybe it's Wranglers that the dealers shy away from Rob , we had no such problem when we bought our Compass and even when we were considering a Grand Cherokee, but mention you’re interested in a Wrangler and they become invisible....? Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got lined up with Alex, did you go for a JK Rubicon in the end?

@TimC has hit the nail on the head. 

The Wrangler is such a niche market that most dealers sell so few that they are usually only one page in front of the buyer with their knowledge. They positively run if they get a customer like any of us on the forum, I remember looking at my first potential JK at Hughes and asked if the JK was up to date on the issued recalls, only to be asked if it had had any recalls......

Hope to see some progress pictures as it developes

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Hi Gents,

Yes I did go for a JK Rubicon in the end.  I have put my current JK on the market, although if I get silly offers (etc), then I'll hold onto it.

I was just surprised as to how sluggish the Salesman was! 

Alex has been really cool with guiding me along the way.  

I was thinking of trying bristol jeep dealers ...I’ve had a crap experience with the ones at Swindon already ? so won’t be returning there if I can help it 

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Well I had a Renegade via a Mike Naylor at Simonstone Bristol; and he is the guy I catch up with when I pop over.  I did see some Wranglers on the forecourt recently, if it was a Wrangler you were looking at.

Good experience with Mike.

I can honestly say that Unity Jeep Oxford have been fantastic, very helpful , plenty of wranglers and very knowledgeable on all things Jeep .

I purchased my wife’s Renegade there and use them for servicing along with using their parts department quite a lot. 

Maybe they are bucking the trend on Jeep dealers ......

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob Wrangler said:

Well I had a Renegade via a Mike Naylor at Simonstone Bristol; and he is the guy I catch up with when I pop over.  I did see some Wranglers on the forecourt recently, if it was a Wrangler you were looking at.

Good experience with Mike.

Not looking ? just need some warranty work done & a service soon 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

I take my Jeep and Family Estate to Simonstone in Bristol. Not had any issues with them.

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Hi Everyone,

Once I was aware that the Jeep was in safe (Alex's) hands, I submitted my Google Review; and they replied thereafter:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.19.13.png

• Thanks 1