22 June Jeeps, Java, Mud and sandwiches

Volant165

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, doodle said:

So reading the bumpf on the links i am right in thinking Unity are laying on a Jeep/Jeeps to use on the course?

Only ask as the question about model of jeep states if "volunteering" for driving then mud tires etc etc?

Wondering if i can come up another vehicle and then go out on the course?

This is a Jeep meet up for" cars and coffee style meet"  where typically you display your Jeep??? 

Coffee and sandwiches provided by Unity. Bonus small offroad course is byo for the offroad course or you can ride along in a member Jeep or Unity Jeep.  Like many terrains on a dry day straight forward course for all tyres. If wet.........yeeehah!

• Platinum Member
14 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

This is a Jeep meet up for" cars and coffee style meet"  where typically you display your Jeep??? 

Coffee and sandwiches provided by Unity. Bonus small offroad course is byo for the offroad course or you can ride along in a member Jeep or Unity Jeep.  Like many terrains on a dry day straight forward course for all tyres. If wet.........yeeehah!

Thanks for Reminding me it’s a jeep meet...wouldn’t have guessed being on a jeep forum...

I meant I would be turning up in another Jeep just one that wouldn’t be taken off-road hence the question on clarification of the question of volunteer driving... and whether unity will be showing us what the other models can do..

• Platinum Member
21 minutes ago, doodle said:

Thanks for Reminding me it’s a jeep meet...wouldn’t have guessed being on a jeep forum...

I meant I would be turning up in another Jeep just one that wouldn’t be taken off-road hence the question on clarification of the question of volunteer driving... and whether unity will be showing us what the other models can do..

There will be a demo there that you can drive, I just asked Unity.

• Platinum Member
15 hours ago, Volant165 said:

There will be a demo there that you can drive, I just asked Unity.

Sweet....

Cheers Jim....

IMPORTANT

If you are wanting to take advantage of the hospitality, off-road and/or demo drives you need to have booked a place at this “free” event via our online shop.

This information is required so that Unity know how many to cater for, Jeep Owners Club know how many are wanting to off-road. Whether this is in your own Jeep, or be driven around. Also how many might want to demo drive.

**Should you decide to just “turn up” then it will be at the discretion of Unity and JOC if you can be involved with this event**

• Platinum Member

Nearing final call for this as it is a small off road site and looks like it will be full (between us and the other guests from Unity)

Remember this is a free event and the last free one for the summer. Hope to see you there. 

• Platinum Member

Bit of site clearing and reccie for Saturday. If conditions stay the same, AT’s and Muds needed. If the rain is done then streets may get around. 

Thanks Bred for helping me at the course today. 

4F500BA1-F66A-464C-9F47-D5D75F0D3DC3.jpeg

22824E27-C849-430F-ACF3-27664CCF8C45.jpeg

FD8151C3-B1FC-4CD0-B7A6-AAA2905A80B2.jpeg

97978200-A172-429A-9D45-84D9F4E5CF96.jpeg

BDDCD369-BED9-42F6-9E7C-91AD2F375812.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
MattMaclaren

Wow! Just come across this, i am in Doncaster but actually going coventry this weekend. What are the chances!! i have never been to do JOC meet before and my WJ has only street tyres so not sure if this would be a good idea?? I wouldnt want to keep getting stuck blocking people. So is this course okay for beginners and can you go where you want or is it like a follow the leader trial??? Also whats everyone booking onto morning or afternoon?

Thanks Matt

• Platinum Member
57 minutes ago, MattMaclaren said:

Wow! Just come across this, i am in Doncaster but actually going coventry this weekend. What are the chances!! i have never been to do JOC meet before and my WJ has only street tyres so not sure if this would be a good idea?? I wouldnt want to keep getting stuck blocking people. So is this course okay for beginners and can you go where you want or is it like a follow the leader trial??? Also whats everyone booking onto morning or afternoon?

Thanks Matt

Hi Matt,

Super! So far more signed up for the afternoon but whichever suits you best. 

On the reccie day day it was no street tyres. Wet and slippery. Given the pleasant weather and good forecast, the WJ on streets might get around just fine. We have to check on the day. It is a free-to- roam kind of site and we will have 4x4 help and instruction on hand. Just be sure you have recovery points I would say.

Jim

• Platinum Member
MattMaclaren
1 minute ago, Volant165 said:

Hi Matt,

Super! So far more signed up for the afternoon but whichever suits you best. 

On the reccie day day it was no street tyres. Wet and slippery. Given the pleasant weather and good forecast, the WJ on streets might get around just fine. We have to check on the day. It is a free-to- roam kind of site and we will have 4x4 help and instruction on hand. Just be sure you have recovery points I would say.

Jim

Hi Jim 

I only have the standard front recovery point but no rear as that was removed to fit the tow bar. Stupid in my opinion. However it is on my to do list to fabricate one.

Matt

• Platinum Member
MattMaclaren

I have booked my afternoon ticket just incase all is good and i look forward to seeing new faces 🙂

Thanks Matt

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Hi guys signed up for Saturday afternoon session a couple of days ago not sure the shop link completed please confirm if it signed me up or not 

• Platinum Member

HI Geoff,

Boom. Ticket just verified, thanks for completing. See you Saturday!

Jim

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Hi Jim just re done think it worked this time

• Like 1

There will be two sessions one at 8:30am to 12:30pm and the other at 1pm until 5pm, up to 15 Jeeps per session.

If you are wanting to participate in this event you will need to prebook a place.

https://community.jeepowners.club/store/category/2-jeep-owners-club-events/

Morning Group max 15 JOC Jeeps

Meet at Unity Tredington for 8.30am – address Unity Tredington, Old Fosse Way, Tredington, Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire, CV36 4NN for breakfast rolls & morning coffee. Proceed to local off road facility for 9.30am start for first group. Morning event closes at 12.30pm. Customers are welcome to take free coffee/refreshments back at Unity Tredington. 

Clint Frost

Marcus Durand

Unity x 8

Volant165

Afternoon Group max 15 JOC Jeeps

Meet at Unity Tredington for 1.00pm, (address as above) for lunch rolls & refreshments, proceed to local off road facility for 2.00pm start for second group session. Afternoon event closes at 5.00pm. People are welcome to depart at their leisure.

fen01

Andrew Hedge

Unity x12

Volant165

MattMaclaren

Geoff Meadows

• Platinum Member
On 19/06/2019 at 13:34, Volant165 said:

Bit of site clearing and reccie for Saturday. If conditions stay the same, AT’s and Muds needed. If the rain is done then streets may get around. 

Thanks Bred for helping me at the course today. 

4F500BA1-F66A-464C-9F47-D5D75F0D3DC3.jpeg

22824E27-C849-430F-ACF3-27664CCF8C45.jpeg

FD8151C3-B1FC-4CD0-B7A6-AAA2905A80B2.jpeg

97978200-A172-429A-9D45-84D9F4E5CF96.jpeg

BDDCD369-BED9-42F6-9E7C-91AD2F375812.jpeg

is there much sratchy stuff?  Am I going to need to fit body armour?

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows
2 hours ago, Jim said:

Too many Jim's in this club. Its the Volant165 Jim who's running this event who will be there Saturday, lol.

Yes confusing with 2people named Jim in one conversation and 2 people post at the same time so the posts look out of order ,l will have to learn to use a keyboard  faster 

• Platinum Member
MattMaclaren

Unfortunately woke up this morning with a summer cold, so no holiday for me and no coming saturday 😞 sorry guys! would have loved to come and was really looking forward to it.

Matt 

• Platinum Member

Hi Matt, hope you feel better. I was on the train this morning and a few people sounded like death. That's what a bit of sunshine does to shock our systems I guess!  

Good news is the site will be drying out nicely. 

• Platinum Member

thank you for today. me and the boys had a great day. thou little course but had some big flex'es going on. DSC04596.thumb.JPG.d0d603f70239b765ffc4212e45bb0189.JPGDSC04608.thumb.JPG.ccba6e2363489309cdec58bacf2ab6bd.JPG

DSC04602.JPG

DSC04611.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 21/06/2019 at 17:47, MattMaclaren said:

Unfortunately woke up this morning with a summer cold, so no holiday for me and no coming saturday 😞 sorry guys! would have loved to come and was really looking forward to it.

Matt 

Hope you feel better now! 

I had the Flue jab fo the first time ever ! Australian Flue is pretty bad this year ! The flu has killed more than 220 people and infected more than 100,000 across Australia this year, with authorities warning the peak of the flu season is yet to come. 

• Platinum Member
MattMaclaren
30 minutes ago, stewart said:

Hope you feel better now! 

I had the Flue jab fo the first time ever ! Australian Flue is pretty bad this year ! The flu has killed more than 220 people and infected more than 100,000 across Australia this year, with authorities warning the peak of the flu season is yet to come. 

Yeah thankfully all better now! 

Ive heard it gets bad over there as we have a number of family and friends over in Australia. Really looking forward to the next event to meet some new faces.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, MattMaclaren said:

Yeah thankfully all better now! 

Ive heard it gets bad over there as we have a number of family and friends over in Australia. Really looking forward to the next event to meet some new faces.

I do miss the JOC events !