Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Jeeps on the Rubicon Trail

Jim

Bit of a blast from the past, from 1993 edition of Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson attempting the Rubicon Trial.

• Like 1

TimC

Brilliant find Jim, love seeing all those YJs ?

frosty

I am planning to go to the USA in September for a months holiday, while there I want to drive the Rubicon trail, has anyone on this site been there, I would like to hire a Jeep to drive myself, on a guided tour of the trail.

The year before last, me and my wife went to Moab, and hired a very highly modified wrangler, and were able to drive all the trails, without exception, and would like to do the same on the Rubicon trail.

Any advice on the trail, and where I can hire a suitable Jeep would be appreciated.  

Nathan_CJ5

All I know is the Old Top Gear USA did an episode on the Rubicon. It’s on YouTube. Quite funny, if nothing else!  N

Volant165

Contact Nena at Barlow Jeeps

frosty

great thanks . 

doodle

The lions back is closed now permanently i think unless you know the owner

But very interested in doing the whole moab thing myself- I'm actually itching to go to the Hammers

geoff meadows

I am keen on the idea of doing the slick rock and the national parks of Utah  and also perhaps the rubicon and maybe some dessert racing and Johnson valley. I did try and book some trails on the  ejs but difficult to tie up jeep rental and places without committing to one part without all the others in place  iam a bit  more clued up now try again next year  easy to do any other time of year