a weekend in mid wales

fen01

• Platinum Member

i'm thinking about planning a weekend trip to mid-wales; Elan Valley, Strata Florida.  I've not got any dates planned, but would be looking June / July.

I'd be looking at doing a 4 day trip.  Meet up on the Friday, this would be at a camp site some of us have used before.  Saturday and Sunday would be spent laying. Then leave Monday.

If anyone's interested, message me.

Cheers

• Platinum Member

hi fenton yep I could be up for it mate  just depends on dates , maybe my lad too .

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Hi Guys,

Any dates sorted for this Trip yet?

• Platinum Member

I don’t think anything is fixed yet. Fen has a birthday with a zero on the end of it ( won’t say which?) So is off somewhere exotic for a big chunk of July , looks like it could be June or maybe early July.

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Thanks Tim,

That could work for me if that ends up on a weekend when I am off.

• Platinum Member

? Will keep you posted. Thought it might be fun to see if we could get 6-8 Jeeps out on this weekend if there is the interest and dates fit in.

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows
8 minutes ago, PDB said:

Let me know if this comes off and I ll drive over to meet up over a pie and pint?

Maybe I ll get round to doing the lanes if I can ever get my jeep in to be lifted anywhere.

Have you not got anyone  to sort it yet we will have to find some one to do it for you  then you can come out to play. Fen count me in for the weekend if you can organize it thanks  I can't do early June away at the jamboree and brands 

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

I will have to clear my workshop and you will have to trip over to sunny southport

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Fen

If the Wales trip is still going ahead I would be interested and again depending on the dates.

Cheers Tim Riches.

• Platinum Member

Tim, @digger, Wales trip is going ahead, it is really just fixing dates. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member
On 23/04/2019 at 17:58, TimC said:

Tim, @digger, Wales trip is going ahead, it is really just fixing dates. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Tim

@TimC, thanks for being my assistant.....

yes, still looking at arranging something. 

• Platinum Member
38 minutes ago, fen01 said:

@TimC, thanks for being my assistant.....

yes, still looking at arranging something. 

Yeah, sorry mate ? need to stop jumping in on other peoples threads...……….apologies, hope all is well, will give you a call later.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member
15 hours ago, PDB said:

Any more thoughts about Jeeping Wales Fen01? Diary is still free second half of Oct onwards. Hopefully won't clash with Cannock Chase November twilight run, whenever those dates might be?

funny you should bring this up....

@TimC is looking at running a trip 19/20 October around Betws y Coed.  

Not too sure of the exact details, other than there will be 1 night's camping involved

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Anyone who expressed an interest in doing this trip: Stew, WildJeeper, Digger, Otruk , PDB, apologies we did not get this sorted the way we had in mind this time round. We just weren’t able to get dates organised that suited everyone and ended up doing a trimmed down and shortened version with just 4 of us at the end of July instead. Something to try and work on again for next year.

Anyway, as Fen mentioned we are looking at doing a short trip on the weekend of 19/20 October. It will be just a short recce, N. Wales this time around Betwys y coed  since we haven’t explored around here before, just one night camping at a basic site. We are already a full group for this recce but if you are interested in coming along then we could accommodate a couple more as long as somebody else is prepared to lead/navigate a second group. 

If you’re interested PM me and we’ll see what we can sort out.

Cheers

Tim 

Edited by TimC

• 2 months later...
  • Area Representative

We are still going to run this Sunday’s event.   Should be fun   If you fancy coming along details in previous posts.   

• Jules locked this topic