insurance discounts with jeep club

jenix31

• Platinum Member

Hello all classic jeep owners. I have now managed to get a Uk registration for my lovely Cj5. Got it insured with Footman James on a classic policy. My question is as a member of the club. Do I have a membership number that I can use for the extra little discount the insurance are asking for. I cant seem to find one.

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, jenix31 said:

Hello all classic jeep owners. I have now managed to get a Uk registration for my lovely Cj5. Got it insured with Footman James on a classic policy. My question is as a member of the club. Do I have a membership number that I can use for the extra little discount the insurance are asking for. I cant seem to find one.

Good to hear you got it sorted in the end ?

As far as I know there isn't a club membership number or ID reference, the only thing that identifies you as a club member really is your forum username ( and the JOC sticker on the back of your Jeep ?).

I've just switched to Adrian Flux for my Jeeps and they advertise discount for GLASS members ( where I do have a membership number ) and owners club members. However they never asked for any proof of membership and, to be honest, I'm not sure there whether it made any difference or not since they never showed any discount or gave me a figure for if I hadn't been a member. For some of the club discounts ( see members discounts section) you get a code to quote but I don't think that Footman James has a discount arrangement specifically with the club.

Sorry can't be more help.

Cheers

Tim 

• Platinum Member

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. I will give them a call to see who they are affiliated with and probably, as you suggest use my user name and see what they say. I'm sure its just something they put on the form to get more information out of you so they can target you for other products.

What is GLASS and is it something I should look into.

All the best Colin.

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, jenix31 said:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. I will give them a call to see who they are affiliated with and probably, as you suggest use my user name and see what they say. I'm sure its just something they put on the form to get more information out of you so they can target you for other products.

What is GLASS and is it something I should look into.

All the best Colin.

Hi Colin.GLASS is the Green Lane Association. It's a user group for all users ( but mainly 4X4 users ) of England and Wales byways and unclassified roads and rights of way network. If you are planning on taking your CJ off road on byways (green lanes ) I'd strongly recommend joining it's £36 a year, a great resource and a worthy cause. If you don't plan on off roading or you only plan on off roading at to P&P sites then it's maybe not something you need (but still worth joining in my opinion, might whet your appetite ?

The JOC is a club supporter of GLASS

Cheers

Tim

Edited by TimC

• Platinum Member

Hi Colin,

JOC members get discounts at many of the 4x4 insurers. Only once in the past three years were we contacted for proof of membership  — but happy to do so if your insurers request it. 

Jim