Where is my snow?

Motley

• Platinum Member

I've been waiting since September and I want to know, where is my snow. ?

Is any one else waiting. I keep seeing it promised on my phone news app then it turns into rain.

Wise thought for today! "Don't eat the mushrooms if you haven't got the book!"

Edited by Motley

Did 60 miles through the snow that day in 2009, and the gritters hadn't been out. Jeep never missed a beat, until we found a drift about 60 cm deep, and I had to detour the other way round the village. Then 60 miles (and two ferries) back home, no problem.

Made me laugh when I remembered writing off my Land Rover series III skidding at 12 mph round a gentle, but very icy, bend, fifteen years earlier. It slid into the ditch and rolled right over!

Hope you get some interesting snow to try. We found the 'snow' setting on the WK2 excellent when snow hit Birmingham in 2017. Delivering nursing staff to the Children's Hospital, we were able to breeze past lines of stranded vehicles. Loads of fun, and greatly satisfying justification for having a 4x4 in the city.

snaa.jpg

Edited by Gerald F

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Gerald F said:

Did 60 miles through the snow that day in 2009, and the gritters hadn't been out. Jeep never missed a beat, until we found a drift about 60 cm deep, and I had to detour the other way round the village. Then 60 miles (and two ferries) back home, no problem.

Made me laugh when I remembered writing off my Land Rover series III skidding at 12 mph round a gentle, but very icy, bend, fifteen years earlier. It slid into the ditch and rolled right over!

Hope you get some interesting snow to try. We found the 'snow' setting on the WK2 excellent when snow hit Birmingham in 2017. Delivering nursing staff to the Children's Hospital, we were able to breeze past lines of stranded vehicles. Loads of fun, and greatly satisfying justification for having a 4x4 in the city.

snaa.jpg

So we have about 1/2" of snow now. Been out with the bairn doing snowballs. No driving tonight now as being resigned to no snow hit the home brew. 

Wishing for 3ft in the morning if possible ?

Edited by Motley
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
sabconsulting

So this year - this is me parked at a UK ski slope ?

You can tell from all the snow, obviously.

20181227_a_(20).JPG

• Platinum Member

Hmm, pity that. May need to consider trading the ski rack for a bike rack at this rate! I hear a cold snap is on its way though so best of luck.

Happy new year.

TH

• 5 weeks later...