Commander

BigHank

• Platinum Member

I'm slowly getting a few parts together for my Commander, aswell as knowing he needs to go threw a MOT this month. So looking at brake pads etc.

So a shout out to other Commander owners, i found this shop online with a great list of stuff for the Commander. They are called Rocky Road Outfitters and are in the US but seam to have good 

shipping rates. I'll be ordering from them in the future, one of the only place that i have seen that does a Snorkel for the Commander.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

That's good to know if you have used them before.

yes Jim they are but if your not 100% sure where the body is around it, i'm still very green with my Jeep knowledge. Lucky for me alot of you guys are helping me along.

Also with looking at the US stuff they don't often include the diesel engine mods, often wonder if i should of got a Hemi and then LPG it.

• Platinum Member

it's handy even for the oils needed to service them I buy all the correct oils and filters but get my garage to do the work 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Well with the weather not being really cold over the Holiday period, i got down under my jeep (Hank) and gave him something shinny for Christmas.

• Platinum Member

They do good stuff, I've got a few of their parts on my XJ.  Don't forget you'll be hit with 20% (VAT rate) import duty once the bits have arrived in the UK.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Well it's that time of year to put Hank (the Commander) in for his MOT, so before he goes in i think i need to do the front pads and discs.

I must say that they have been the easiest discs and pads i have ever changed on any car i've owned.

Good old Jeep.20190112_104236.thumb.jpg.f8b05262e258e5be4c2326d9f9bc0f68.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Well Hank got a nice lot of wheels and bigger tyres yesterday, pick them up for a bargin . And i know i've done it the wrong way round because he needs a lift but the tyres fit for now without hitting anything.

But ?? The Commander was fine for a day then the airbag light comes on and off for a bit, do you guys at the club think it's connected with the new Tyres ?

Cheers

• Platinum Member
37 minutes ago, BigHank said:

Well Hank got a nice lot of wheels and bigger tyres yesterday, pick them up for a bargin . And i know i've done it the wrong way round because he needs a lift but the tyres fit for now without hitting anything.

But ?? The Commander was fine for a day then the airbag light comes on and off for a bit, do you guys at the club think it's connected with the new Tyres ?

Cheers

they have a tendency to do this if the front seats heve been moved check and see that plugs are tight under there first ?  

• Platinum Member

Ok will do, cheers.

A couple of things i read it was about seats and position and even seat belt buckles.