same jeep, new color

frosty

• Platinum Member

thanks, i love the half doors, they are great with the roof off

new doors A.jpg

new doors B.jpg

• Platinum Member

it is a Bestop Trek top NX, i bought it about 12 years ago, with a deck cover and wind jammer from a Bikini top kit. the side and back windows zip out, it leaks less than the hard top.  i dont fold the windscreen down,  as i have a front roll cage, ( see pictures) and it is toooo much hassle to fold down the screen.  

Scanguage B.jpg

Ctek socket A.jpg

• Platinum Member

i put the AEV wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja Claws back on today, as i may be going playing soon, not sure which look best, what do you think ?

AEV wheels MT baja Claws A.jpg

AEV wheels MT baja Claws B.jpg

AEV wheels MT baja Claws C.jpg

new doors A.jpg

NS finished.jpg

• Platinum Member

mine are the earlier AEV Bridger's, they had a perfect backspace, so no spacers, they are getting tatty now, i have had them welded a couple of times, as they are 16", so stones get trapped between the wheel and the calipers and crack the wheel inner surface, if anyone has any i would like to buy them, especially odd wheels.

4 hours ago, frosty said:

mine are the earlier AEV Bridger's

Apart from size they look identical to the Pintler 🤔

I assume the odd cracking was the reason they changed size and name.

Still looking good though.

Mine are 17” Pintlers and they look identical 

15135C5A-7E48-421E-83D5-5BD445D537CB.jpeg

• Platinum Member

Hi Neal, mine broke when stones got caught between the wheel inner rim, and the brake calipers, the weak point as they get dragged in is the wheel, so it just punches a hole in it,  it is surprising how thin the metal is at that point,  16 " wheels run very close to the brake calipers, that is why i use steel wheels and simex extreem treckers for extreem off road, and any serious event stuff, a steel wheel wont break, it will bend, so you can beet it back into shape and put the tire back on to continue. 

As my wheels and tires get worn out and damaged, i am replacing them with 17" wheels, which are more commonly available now, when i bought my  red Jk in 2007 ( was silver then), 16" wheels were most commonly available for JK's, this progressively moved on to 17".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

took the front bumper off today, as i was sending the TJ bumper and winch mount plate for powder coating, i thought i would send the JK front bumper in at the same time, i was amazed to see how much mud had built up in the transmission coolers in such a short time, just shows you need to keep an eye on them, the front of the auxiliary cooler didn't look too bad, but it was a different story once i got to the back of it.   

bumper off for powder coat.jpg

front of aux trans cooler.jpg

aux trans cooler.jpg

main trans cooler A.jpg

• Platinum Member

I’ve put my additional transmission cooler in front of the intercooler where it is up above most of the mud! It just fits in without touching the grille. 

D346EFBA-5D00-4EE3-85DB-B9DEC4F8BA3F.jpeg

3B1F5774-7302-4D9A-BBF0-AAB31DAAAB78.jpeg

4B146BB1-C923-477A-93B0-75E41396F714.jpeg

• Platinum Member

Sorry for delay in replying! It’s a trucool.com LPD4454 7 1/4 inches x 11 3/4 and I bought it through Amazon Uk from a company called Midas Touch Toys and Collectables tel 020 8998 7222 in March ‘18 and it cost £85. I doubt they would have anymore but maybe worth checking, i just looked on their website and it says sold out! 

As you know the size you could buy from Trucool direct. 

• Platinum Member

well i got the bumper, front skid plate and winch back on, i would have changed the transmission cooler, but it will not be here in time, so i cleaned the old one up, i have ordered a new one, similar to the one in Obaro's jeep, i will fit it at a later date, very happy with the powder coating of the bumper, and the TJ bumper which i had done at the same time. 

bumper and winch back on A.jpg

bumper and winch back on B.jpg

• Platinum Member
On 13/06/2020 at 16:37, Obarno said:

I’ve put my additional transmission cooler in front of the intercooler where it is up above most of the mud! It just fits in without touching the grille. 

D346EFBA-5D00-4EE3-85DB-B9DEC4F8BA3F.jpeg

3B1F5774-7302-4D9A-BBF0-AAB31DAAAB78.jpeg

4B146BB1-C923-477A-93B0-75E41396F714.jpeg

do you still use the original cooler as well, or just the new one that you fitted. 

• 1 year later...
  • Platinum Member

MOT passed today, ready for Tuff Terrains at the end of April, only a few minor advisories, can be a bit of a stressful time  for a heavily moddified truck.

• Like 5