same jeep, new color

frosty

• Platinum Member

well after 8 months, my JK is back, lots of new mods, and a full color change, most of you long term members will remember it as a silver Sahara, very heavily modified, it was the firs JK into the UK, and has been featured in magazines.

now as you can see, it is bright red, has reinforced front next gen 44 in the front, running 466 ratios, matching the same in the back, also new rock sliders, as the regular MOPAR ones could not take being jacked up by, now have 3 sets of 35" tires, all on rime, the ones you see are for the road, also have Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on Aev wheels, and a set of Simex extreme trekkers on steel wheels. lots of other mods, still with 2 winches, cage, 4.5" lift, I will try and post the full build spec when I have time, I cant wait to get back from China at Christmas to give it a blast. 

IMG-20181112-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20181027-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20181027-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20181027-WA0007.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

full spec.

WRANGLER JK 2 DOOR SAHARA
• Preferred builder:
Self, and Phil from Kiethley. 

• Drive Train:
AUTO.5 speed with additional in line cooler. 

• Engine:
2.8 crd with TUNIT power upgrade. now 203 BHP. 332 LBS/FT

• Front axle:
DANA 44 WITH E- LOCKER 488 RATIO
rubicon express hd diff cover/guard
internally and externally strengthened.
• Rear axle:
DANA 44 WITH E- LOCKER 488 RATIO
rubicon express hd diff cover/guard
• Protection:
OR FAB SPORT CAGE.ROCK SLIDERS. ROCK HARD ENGINE SKID PLATE. ROCK HARD TRANSMISSION AND T/BOX SKID PLATE.ROCK HARD FUEL TANK SKID PLATE. STEERING GUARD.

• Suspension:
5" LIFT nitrus shockers all round
heavy duty and adjustable upper arms
heavy duty and adjustable lower arms
REAR SHOCKERS RELOCATION BRACKETS FITTED TO LOWER MOUNTS.(MOUNTS RAISED)
flat steel fender flares
trek top, hard top, bikini top.
• Wheels/Tyres:
AEV 16" alloys with 35" MICKEY THOMPSON BAJA CLAWS for off road
17" steel wheels with 35" Simex extreme trekker for off road
17" alloy wheels and A/T tyres for normal road

• Winches:
front superwinch 9500 solenoid moved under bonnett with wireless remote
REAR COME UP 9500 FITTED TO OLYMPIC REAR WINCH BUMPER
• Miscellaneous:
AEV SNORKELL WITH RAM AIR INTAKE,AFTER MARKET BUMPERS FRONT AND BACK WITH RECOVERY POINTS.ALL TRANSMITION BREATHERS RAISED. STEERING DAMPER UPRATED AND MOVED TO RIGHT SIDE OF VEHICLE. LED SPOTS. CB RADIO.
Extended and reinforced front and rear brake lines.

Power dome hood, and lots of other bits and pieces. 

• Like 1

Excellent work and modifications as always Martin.

Have known this Jeep from day one, almost, and seen how it has progressed over the years.

Well done.

Jules

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Platinum Member

finally got my half doors back from the paint shop, only took them a year to paint them, assembling them now, and have been told I can only have the dinning room till 5pm......

half doors B.jpg

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

also fitted the Ctek battery charger socket in the cab, makes life a lot easier, and a very simple install.

Ctek Socket D.jpg

Ctek socket A.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frosty said:

also fitted the Ctek battery charger socket in the cab, makes life a lot easier, and a very simple install.

Ctek Socket D.jpg

Ctek socket A.jpg

Looks good👍
Does it come pre-wired? Really thinking about cable run if it’s got connectors already and where did you get through the bulkhead? How long a cable run does it have?

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, neal said:

Looks good👍
Does it come pre-wired? Really thinking about cable run if it’s got connectors already and where did you get through the bulkhead? How long a cable run does it have?

That is exactly what i want to do with my TJ- My Ctek has just turned up, then the non stop rain hit

• Platinum Member

My trouble is with the TJ i just do not have that pillar moulding.

Am thinking of putting it into the air vent switch location though but am not sure yet

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, neal said:

Looks good👍

the panel switch is prewired, you can also buy extra length connections as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-56-531-6899/dp/B00Q41U5XG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ctek+panel&qid=1588533305&sr=8-1

Edited by doodle

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, neal said:

Looks good👍

This may help Neal 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 03/05/2020 at 15:40, neal said:

Looks good👍

yes, comes pre wired, about 2 meters, I ran mine under the dash, behind the heater, and through the bulkhead , then up to the main loom and over to the battery, comes with eye connectors to go direct to the battery, and also with a built in fuse, I cut the cable near to the fuse to make it easier to get through the bulkhead, then re-connected it with a simple terminal block after, a very easy install, let me know if you need pictures, there is also a new type available, that I just received for my TJ, I will post a picture and part number soon. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, Tony said:

This may help Neal 

that is on a LHD jeep, not the same unfortunately, I send all the cables through on the drivers side, there is a hole similar near the brake servo opening. 

2 hours ago, frosty said:

that is on a LHD jeep, not the same unfortunately, I send all the cables through on the drivers side, there is a hole similar near the brake servo opening. 

Thanks Frosty,

Think you have used the same access as I have for my Spod.

Interested to see the new version and depth needed for the unit at the cabin side, as I already have a number of switches in each A-pillar and not sure if there is space behind in the places left.

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, frosty said:

yes, comes pre wired, about 2 meters, I ran mine under the dash, behind the heater, and through the bulkhead , then up to the main loom and over to the battery, comes with eye connectors to go direct to the battery, and also with a built in fuse, I cut the cable near to the fuse to make it easier to get through the bulkhead, then re-connected it with a simple terminal block after, a very easy install, let me know if you need pictures, there is also a new type available, that I just received for my TJ, I will post a picture and part number soon. 

OOOH a new part for a TJ- That will be interesting... Cheers

• Platinum Member

this is a picture of the alternative remote socket for a Ctek charger, it just wires direct to the battery, has its own in line fuse, and 3 LED's, you can just make them out, the idea is that you just tuck it away somewhere safe under the bonnet, then plug it in when you need it, I am going to put this on the TJ, as I don't have anywhere handy in the dash to mount the socket, they are available on Ama*n Pri*e at £6.78, also a picture of the dash mount socket, they are about £20.

ctek plug with Led's.jpg

ctek socket E.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, frosty said:

lol, it is not specific to TJ's

Darn it... was getting my hopes up then

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

lots of work going on now to update my jeeps while I have spare time, red jeep is in my garage now, having new fender flares, will send some pictures later, the old ones were getting very tatty, black TJ is in Phills garage getting a re-spray and some sections at the rear of the chassis replaced, they weren't too bad, but I thought it is better to get them done properly now, the repair sections are openly available, and easy to replace, it is also getting the interior titivated, to keep her indoors happy, it is after all her jeep, new seats, trims, radio, Etc. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

new arches are coming on well, off side is finished now, very happy with the quality of the new arches and liners.7488731_OSFarchfinishedB.jpg.55d9d121cd47cb823d87c8ab31320100.jpg

arches WIP B.jpg

NSF arch before.jpg

Snorkel back on, NS next.jpg

NS finished.jpg