Morning from Southampton !

Exiled_outlaw

• Platinum Member

Morning all my names rob ..... and I’m a first time jeep owner after years of dribbling over yj’s tj’s cherokees and more recently jks I’ve decided to buy myself a kJ Cherokee sport extreme 2003 2.8 crd auto.

Had it since Friday and dispite a few minor niggles I absolutely love it!!! 

• Platinum Member

Hi and welcome. 

I am not far from you (waltham chase).  I have a JK.  If you go offroading i am member of a local club that does site days and responsible green laning.

JOC is excellent and welcoming and plenty of good jeep advice but most of their events are up north (or Wales). 

We are at Slindon this Sunday.

...i hope i have not broken any club rule re mentioning the other club...

Edited by AlfredoStuck

• Platinum Member
34 minutes ago, AlfredoStuck said:

JOC is excellent and welcoming and plenty of good jeep advice but most of their events are up north (or Wales). 

...i hope i have not broken any club rule re mentioning the other club...

?? That is the first time I have ever heard anyone complain that most JOC events are “up north or Wales” !! How times change?

Used to be complaints that too many events were “down south”

.........I don’t think any rules have been broken.

• Platinum Member

Cheers all !!! Plans are a small lift And some grippy tyres some underbody protection and recovery points !! Just want to make it a bit more rugged but still reliable if anyone has suggestions 

Also need to fix the small issues on the jeep like folding mirrors not folding and some trim 

oh and also getting rid off that awefull 1.5 din headunit for somthing more aftermarket of anyone has any suggestions !! 

As for meets and events I’m always up for a road trip and a camp ... always saw joc at speed fest at brands as I’m a manic motorsports fan 

I used to own a Honda CR-V that I used for simple lanes but never made it to a play day !! That monstrosity cost me 750 and was only ment to be a winter hack .... ended up keeping it for 3 years lol !!! 

Again thanks for the warm welcome !! I’ll get pics uploaded ASAP