Jeep Wave

Andymartin

• Platinum Member

Hi All, i'm just wondering. I currently own my 2nd TJ Sahara and I am based in Aberdeen. I gave a wave to a JK driver the other night and got no response, maybe even a dirty look. Does the Jeep wave exist in the UK? I'm going to keep waving away regardless :-)

• Platinum Member

You should try driving a modded XJ, JK drivers rarely wave back. I get more Jeep waves from modded Landy drivers in Wales. I always give them the Jeep wave. They mostly wave back.

I would have waved back and I have a JK. I even wave when I’m in the wife’s car.......?

i wave at most Jeeps. I say most as you generally find 2 types of individuals. Jeep owners and Jeep drivers.

If the Jeep is modified I would expect a wave back (Jeep owner), if it’s not less chance and hence why I might not have waved in the first place (Jeep driver), especially in the case of the newer FCA models.

JK might have death wobble and to wave might have been just too much ?

• Platinum Member
11 hours ago, Andymartin said:

Hi All, i'm just wondering. I currently own my 2nd TJ Sahara and I am based in Aberdeen. I gave a wave to a JK driver the other night and got no response, maybe even a dirty look. Does the Jeep wave exist in the UK? I'm going to keep waving away regardless ?

Hi Andy, I'm a JK driver and I also would definitely have waved back, unless I got the wave in first! Always wave at Wranglers ( JKs TJs even YJs, not that I see them often) and I'm really annoyed if I'm too slow to get a wave in before it has passed and missed it. I would say I always get a wave back from wranglers, any flavour , modded or unmodded, I have, however given up waving at Renegades,  Grand Cherokees and unmodded Cherokees, just get confused looks from them.

Keep on waving ?(the old website used to have a couple of nice "wave" emoticons, can't find one now, this will have to do)      

• Platinum Member

Thanks all, faith restored! I'll make it my mission for all Jeeps (owners and drivers) to wave. There are only a handful of all TJs/JKs up here - never seen a YJ up here yet. ?

• Platinum Member

I wave at all wranglers, and XJs (especially modded ones) as they are my favourites, and I do generally get a wave back.

If I didn't get a wave from a wrangler, it generally has "Chelsea Truck Co" on the spare wheel cover, so I don't worry too much  about that.

I tend to wave at XJs still because they wave back, and I think people running an XJ still are in it because they love Jeeps (I expect its the same for other models too, but I've not noticed as much)

Tons of waves back and  forth with other brands modded too though

1045038135_WhatsAppImage2018-04-18at14_58_32.thumb.jpeg.91a0fa86db04cccc9904d57835993e38.jpeg

Edited by Yellow
Added Picture
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, neal said:

i wave at most Jeeps. I say most as you generally find 2 types of individuals. Jeep owners and Jeep drivers.

You must be right, owners and drivers are not necessarily the same. I wonder though if owning a Jeep automatically makes that person likely to wave back? Does owning a Jeep instill the Jeep Thing in the mind of the driver or can just driving one have the same effect?

• Platinum Member

I think it takes a certain type of person to CHOOSE to buy a Wrangler, you've got to still want to buy one in spite of all the perfectly good reasons why it's a "stupid" thing to do. Therefore when you see someone else who is also driving one (almost certainly by choice) there's an instant connection: oh look, another lunatic! ? and waving follows. I don't think this necessarily applies to all JEEPS though, I suspect most ( but certainly not all ) people who buy a Renegade or Grand Cherokee see it as just another SUV, the fact it has a Jeep badge on it isn't that much different to having a VW or Nissan or Land Rover badge in their eyes. I would be very happy to be proved wrong on that however.

• Platinum Member

Yup, respect to XJs as well, and not just because I used to have one. If I get a wave back, I'll know it's from a like minded lunatic, which will make the already big smile on my face bigger. 

I sold my old wrangler due to not being practical for a baby. I now have a baby seat in my new TJ and my son absolutely loves "Daddy's Jeep". He'll be getting taught to wave too!