Hooke Road, Helan Mountains, China

V

• Platinum Member

I am trying to find some more info about 'The Hooke Trail' or 'Hooke Road' in the Helan Mountain range, China. I watched a Chinese documentary on a Chinese TV channel yesterday featuring a Hemi powered JKU known as 'JK570' driving it. The trail looks impressive. A lot like the Hammer trails in Johnsson Valley, California.

This is all I can find so far

• Platinum Member

I lived in China for 2 years, the trail looks fantastic, and a lot safer than driving on the roads, China is one of the very few countries in the world, where I would not drive on the road, I always get a local driver with his own car, even then, it can be terrifying, I found it less stressful to just close my eyes on the drive to and from work, in 2 years, we were in over 10 accidents on our daily commute.

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, frosty said:

I lived in China for 2 years, the trail looks fantastic, and a lot safer than driving on the roads, China is one of the very few countries in the world, where I would not drive on the road, I always get a local driver with his own car, even then, it can be terrifying, I found it less stressful to just close my eyes on the drive to and from work, in 2 years, we were in over 10 accidents on our daily commute.

?LOL, Never been to China except a brief stopover in Hong Kong on the way back from Taiwan (unless Taiwan counts) but didn't leave the airport. I usually hire a car and drive most places I go...….except India. Everything you said above applies! I got collected one time by the local 'driver' except that he was on his scooter. I was perched on the back with an armful of toolkit and no helmet, I was amazed I made it alive to where I was working!

Edited by TimC

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, TimC said:

Wow Vince! You're seriously thinking of a trip to China to do this!? That would be awesome.

I can't speak any Mandarin yet. When I start learning the language, it's going to happen. I would like to locate the American that appeared in one of the videos to have a chat with him. That's the next step.