A day out laning.....

TimC

• Platinum Member

Spent a very enjoyable, if rather wet, day out laning in Northants, Cambs and N.Beds on Sunday. Unfortunately my wipers packed up half way round but at least the rain made it interestingly slippy at times. Some lovely, and quite long lanes through the countryside. Only two padlocked gates encountered which we had to reroute around, only other people we came across was a lone Disco and a trio of Landrovers.

A great day out ending up at a good pub for a decent pint.

EBD00F30-0C90-47F3-B10F-EF4BC8666606.jpeg

3C1D54C9-D663-4904-918D-E721D93A8FE8.jpeg

016F2DAC-47D4-4D90-BA88-E4513D810331.jpeg

Edited by TimC

• Platinum Member

......and finally got around to doing Forty Foot Lane (Three Shires Way) past Santa Pod raceway?

• Platinum Member

Pretty good condition all the way along. I’ve not done it before but it seemed good, slippy on top but solid underneath, which is the recent rain I suppose. We didn’t see any problems or damage all the way. However, one of the Landrover guys we chatted to asked where we’d been and seemed surprised Forty Foot was open, he thought it had been closed this year ( which wouln’t make a lot of sense as it’s been so dry) but all the gates were open. There was only one closure just off Forty Foot, two lanes go south,  White lane and `Yellow lane, Yellow lane was locked with a TRO notice on it. 

Fortunately, also, Santa Pod was empty, no events on. I can see that would be tricky as the byway goes right through the car park!    

• Platinum Member

I have been through Santa Pad on the byway a few times when they have had events on without knowing beforehand. If the car park or camping areas have strayed over the byway the security guards have directed byway traffic to use the paved road as a diversion. I used to do a lot of night laning in Northants and it was one of my favourite night time routes.

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, V said:

I have been through Santa Pad on the byway a few times when they have had events on without knowing beforehand. If the car park or camping areas have strayed over the byway the security guards have directed byway traffic to use the paved road as a diversion. I used to do a lot of night laning in Northants and it was one of my favourite night time routes.

Cool,? It’s a nice long lane but probably better at night as it’s not exactly very picturesque in places through some of the area around Santa Pod ?, good lane though.

• Jules locked this topic