The million dollar question

John

Who would you get to put a lift kit on a jk ? 

Or who have you used to put a lift kit on a kJ & were you happy with them ? 

• Platinum Member
AlfredoStuck

Hi i would recommend Buzz too.  I have used them and pleased with results.  

Originally i I had used Steve in Essex (FTE) and one of my shock absorbers fell off 6 months later.  He took no ownership in rectifying the problems (loose shock was just one of the problems), so i went to Alex (buzz) and 12 months later i am still pleased with the results and no issues.

I have JKU and put a 2.5" lift.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

I visited Alex of Buzz a few weeks ago, and I'm hoping to visit him again in relation to a 2.5" lift.  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

It can be easy if you are working on a new vehicle with new parts in the dry in a fully equipped workshop and you also have some prior experience working on cars. It's not easy if finding a work-life balance is hard, or you don't have off street parking, or you live on a hill, or you don't have any tools, or every fastener is rusted, seized or snaps off, or if you simply feel more comfortable with a professional doing the work.

I think it is a worthwhile experience having a go fitting a lift kit yourself as you get to appreciate how it is all put together and how it should perform. I have had to change out broken suspension and driveline parts out on the trail many times, having prior experience makes that easy. I have also wheeled with some guys that won't help with a trailside repair until you get your own tools out and start working on your own junk yourself. I'm a bit uncomfortable with that attitude but I suppose nobody learns how unless they do it.

• Like 1