Pub meet Windsor/Staines/Bracknell

Tony

• Platinum Member

Just wanted to know if there’s any interest in a pub meet in the above area,maybe some time in July/August.

• Platinum Member

Err Of course!

Spotted a White 4dr the other day with doors off coasting a roundabout in Bracknell heading towards the Plough and Harrow.

Would definitely be good to meet some other guys close by.

Hugo used to live Windsor way.

Have seen some other Jeeps, wranglers more so around the area....I think most though are just a car to the people driving them.....

Edited by doodle

13 hours ago, doodle said:

Err Of course!

Spotted a White 4dr the other day with doors off coasting a roundabout in Bracknell heading towards the Plough and Harrow.

Would definitely be good to meet some other guys close by.

Hugo used to live Windsor way.

Have seen some other Jeeps, wranglers more so around the area....I think most though are just a car to the people driving them.....

Think Hugo has moved back to Portugal I think.

There are a few of us round the local area, but I’m not sure who has a white one Bracknell way ?

• Platinum Member
49 minutes ago, neal said:

Think Hugo has moved back to Portugal I think.

There are a few of us round the local area, but I’m not sure who has a white one Bracknell way ?

Yes  He did.

I guess the white one could have been passing through..

I know of another black TJ here in bracknell, I know there is a Black 2dr JK owned by a local Clay shooter but i dont imagine she'll be on here.

Edited by doodle

• Platinum Member

I am always keen to meet up with like minded Jeepers. (Dates permitting of course)

• Platinum Member
Marcus Durand

If the time and place are right, I'd be up for this too. 

• Platinum Member

Probably best to just pick a date and see what happens,not going to please everyone,if anybody can suggest a nice watering hole that is around the Staines,Windsor,Bracknell area would be good.

just picking a date how about 19th July or if that’s to soon after summer camp.

• Platinum Member

Pick a date and go for it Tony, you will never manage to fine one that works for everyone. As it happens that date is no good for me as I'll be in Cornwall but I wouldn't ask you to rearrange just for my convenience. I think it's a good idea, hope you get plenty of people able/willing to commit.

Cheers

Tim

19th July is before Summer Camp. Might be worth looking for a date in August which gives people a bit more notice.

As to venue, sure ? What time of day are you thinking ?

• Platinum Member

I’m happy with that Neal,perhaps we could get together at summer camp and come up with a date in August.

4 hours ago, Tony said:

I’m happy with that Neal,perhaps we could get together at summer camp and come up with a date in August.

Tony, 

That would be ideal, but SHMBO has decided that as it’s our 25th Wedding Anniversary, Summer Camp was not going to be first choice for our holiday destination. Not sure why......

Happy to go with suggested dates in August. Any ideas as to where?

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member

So- seeing as there are a few more that are popping up on here from and around the Berkshire area- Shall we sort something out?

37 minutes ago, doodle said:

So- seeing as there are a few more that are popping up on here from and around the Berkshire area- Shall we sort something out?

Sounds like a plan, any idea on location?

• Platinum Member
sabconsulting

I'm in Wycombe, but if there is a meet near Windsor could bring one of the Jeeps along for a pint ? if I'm around (I travel a lot for work).

Steve.

• Platinum Member

Hadn’t really thought of it- I have no issue travelling. Just as long as it fits an off day/ night from work and I’m in. 

Work langley anyway but  no issues wherever. 

Needs to to be big enough to park if ther s a few !

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Up for this. I need some jeep motivation and tips for mods now that house purchase has gone through. Anyone got any ideas for where to meet? 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

So Neal and I were talking, briefly, about this and kinda both agreed that at least 1x area that would be a good meeting point etc would be the Showcase Cinema at Winnersh as the car park is quite large and there is a pub, The George, in the far corner. 

It looks like they only Open at 11:00 at weekends  and serve food from 12 on any day.

What time and when is obviously to be determined- Perhaps people could throw some dates etc up?

If someone also has some ideas of other suitable places other than WInnersh then please share.

If we all want to do a breakfast style meet then we need to find some where like the Ace Cafe that serves breakkie!

Paul

Edited by doodle

• Platinum Member
sabconsulting
On 17/12/2018 at 23:21, doodle said:

If we all want to do a breakfast style meet then we need to find some where like the Ace Cafe that serves breakkie!

Paul

A breakfast meet-up would be cool.

Steve.

12 minutes ago, sabconsulting said:

A breakfast meet-up would be cool.

Steve.

Steve,

Yes I think that would be my choice, we just have to find a suitable venue.

Sunday or Saturday?

• Platinum Member

Then depending what day then may I suggest a Toby carveery or a harvester. I know they do break ke on a Sunday at least 

there a harvester in bracknell. 

One in old windsor. A Toby a mile before it as well 

a harvester in Slough and virtually opposite a Toby 

if if people are feeling flush  I suppose there’s the queens windsor farm shop/ cafe. Open at 10:00 on Sunday 09:00 Saturdays