Bit of Music related fun......

TimC

• Platinum Member

I am off to see Jethro Tull tomorrow night on their 50th anniversary tour  :gasp: !

Jethro Tull being one of the few ( if not the only ) band to record a track specifically about 4x4 entitled, appropriately enough, "4WD ( Low Ratio ) " from the 1980 "A" album, possibly inspired by Ian Anderson's off road exploits on his Scottish estate..........

Can't wait  :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member
davidsmith1307

If you get bogged down then get some Heavy Horses to pull you out. Just don't get caught by the Mouse Police. They never sleep.

• Platinum Member

:icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_e_biggrin: Are you implying I’m thick as a brick or just too old to rock ‘n’ roll ( and too young to die )?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

• Platinum Member

Love the Tull related comments!  :icon_e_biggrin:

Great Show last night!  :glasses:

Gerald where is that picture taken? Looks amazing, you probably will need an Aqualung my friend..............

• Platinum Member

4.W.D. (LOW RATIO)

Met a man just the other day -

Said his name was Jim. Boy, won’t you take a look!

Got a car for you - it’s a real steal.

Cleaned it right down - new brakes, clutch and here’s the hook

Yes, it’s a 4.W.D (low ratio)

Cash to Jim, I took it home

Through the deep mud. Plugged happy as a boy in sand.

Fitted wide tyres, spotlight a winch as well

And some brush bars up front to complete the plan

Now it’s really a 4.W.D. (Low ratio)

Take you down to the edge of town.

Where the road stops, we start to hold the ground

Well, I’m blessed! Got traction in a special way

Hold the roll bar, slide back, feel me pull it round

Let me show you my 4.W.D. (Low ratio)

Ian Anderson

Jethro Tull “A” 1980

Says a lot about 4x4

.....and I actually copied that down from the 12” album sleeve!  :icon_e_geek:

"Gerald where is that picture taken? Looks amazing, you probably will need an Aqualung my friend............."

The picture's of Thorsmjork, in Iceland; Lynda watched (& filmed) from the footbridge, thinking I might need one. I did 'start away uneasy', she could 'see it's only me', but made it safely across.

Glad to hear the concert went well; I remember one from the late 60's, when I was still a student. A great band! Astonishing that they can still Stand Up.

• Platinum Member

Looks absolutely epic! Been a couple of times to Iceland but never driven there. Certainly Acres Wild!

Very cool  :icon_cool:

Only Ian Anderson left of the lineup from that era but still stands up OK, even on one leg! :icon_e_biggrin:

I have an original copy of that album with the gatefold sleeve and stand up band figures, a prized possession!

"I have an original copy of that album with the gatefold sleeve and stand up band figures, a prized possession!"

Me too! Purchased on the day of release, pre-ordered at the record shop, who had never heard of the band, or even Chrysalis Records. In those days, I was driving a Mini on rubber suspension, 10" wheels and 3" ground clearance! Too young to die, but not too old to rock and roll!

• Platinum Member

Awesome!  :great: One up on me there then Gerald, I was a bit too young to order it on release day!  :icon_e_biggrin:

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member

I like the technical car detail that the Beach Boys use in a number of their songs. Esp. Little Deuce Coup.