NEW MEMBER FALKIRK SCOTLAND

weekenny66

• Platinum Member

[/img]Hello everyone.. Bought my first Jeep after a long enough wait...

2004 Cherokee 2.8 CRD Clive Sutton Ltd Edition..

HOWEVER... The CD rom for the SAT NAV is missing...

Where can i get a copy of this??

Any help appreciated...

20180124_205734.thumb.jpg.17c25472f4a96f4007abcf420d146253.jpg

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the club. You could probably get a disc off eBay if you keep you eye on it or contact people breaking them but in my opinion, really not worth it. The latest disc compatible with your unit is still several years old so you are better off just using a free app like Waze

Also, what’s a Clive Sutton limited? I know he’s a car dealer but unsure what’s different on yours. Are you sure you haven’t got a limited (leather interior, heated seats, chrome grill etc) & the Clive Sutton badge isn’t just a dealer badge from when they sold the car?

Either way, looks like a clean motor & hope it brings you years of motoring fun

• Platinum Member

Agree with Chris about the sat nav. The installed one is pretty sh1t3, and only gives you a 'tulip' view of road ahead not a proper map. Updates are expensive.

I had a Tom Tom but now have an Aguri which is brilliant. It's basically a tablet with all the usual google stuff but with a very good navigation app which allows address, post code, lat long, or standard OS ref inputs. Updates software, maps, fixed cameras etc over wi.fi when selected. 

Maps are sourced from 'Here' which is the company that supplies BMW and several other well known makes with their mapping software.

Welcome Ken , As Chris and Jerry have said, Invest in something decent aftermarket .

I use a Pioneer App radio and send my iPhone Nav to it which is perfect . Both Google and Navmii work perfectly this way  :great:

• Platinum Member

There is an invoice that came with the jeep for work done upon receipt of vehicle at 0 miles..

Look to be chrome pack , sunroof , lide steps , sat nav parking sensor etc....

Hi Ken

Welcome to the club and good to have another member in Scotland.

Keep an eye on the site as some local events will be posted soon.

Ross

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Thanks for the input..  One more question. Currently 70251 miles when should the timing belt be changed? (no service history with jeep only last 2 M.O.T`s)

• Platinum Member

There is an invoice that came with the jeep for work done upon receipt of vehicle at 0 miles..

Look to be chrome pack , sunroof , Side steps , sat nav ,parking sensor, Parrot bluetooth etc....

• Platinum Member

Just to let you know mate there's one of these in your colour and engine at u-pull-it in Inverkeithing for breaking if u needed anything.

• Platinum Member

Re Timing Belt - manual states after 100,000 miles, however, it should be changed after 7/8 years regardless of mileage.