Nope not jealous. At all....

UKJeeper

• Platinum Member
Hi All,

My name is Dan Grec, A few years ago I drove a bone-stock 2000 TJ Wrangler 40,000 miles from Alaska to Argentina through 16 countries over 2 years. I documented the entire expedition on my website The Road Chose Me, and wrote a couple of magazine articles. That was the trip of a lifetime for me, and I became completely addicted to travel in remote parts of the world in my own Jeep. From the minute I got back I started saving money, planning and dreaming.

A year and a half ago I set out on my second big Expedition, driving my 2011 JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon around the entire continent of Africa.

So far I have driven over 20,000 miles through 17 countries on the West Coast of the continent, all the way through Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal, Gambia, Guinea-Bissua, Guinea, Mali, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Republic of Congo, DRC, and now Angola.

Highlights have included the endless mud pits in Ivory Coast, the fast-pace and bribery attempts in Nigeria, the remoteness of Gabon and the mud slog through the DRC before crossing the Congo River on the smallest and most ramshackle ferry of my life.

Now I will drive to the Southern tip of the continent before turning North on the East Coast all the way to Cairo in Egypt.

http://theroadchoseme.com/expedition-overview

• Platinum Member

Have read some of this guy's stuff, really interesting how he starts out and puts it all together as well as the actual trip itself. Seen some of his Africa trip but not the Americas one which sounds really good. Top Gear did the Tierra del Fuego trip I seem to remember, looked very cool.  :glasses: