A day in the mud at Wildtracks

dunxvt100

• Platinum Member

Spent yesterday at Wildtracks - http://www.wildtracksltd.co.uk - in my Rubicon - loads of mud, loads of water, hours of fun! And all on stock tyres, too - dead impressive - although my skid plate has left its mark on a few of the hills...

If you've not been give it a try! It's well worth the £35 to play all day, and every time I've been I've had the site to myself. Oh, except once the fire brigade were training in a seriously awesome Unimog fire truck.

Photos  :coolphotos: attached including one of my JOC sticker positioned sensibly above the high tide mark on my tailgate, especially for Stewart.  :great:  (Loads more photos and some cool videos that are too big too post here, and anyway they need a bit of a cull first  :zzz:)

IMG_1676.thumb.jpg.b94855750d2252d3a9a7569015ed6dd7.jpg

IMG_1690.thumb.jpg.282310460ba57a81e897dc5fb2971099.jpg

IMG_1716.thumb.jpg.0bb673be5142baaf26457f34a1d94d6a.jpg

IMG_1701.thumb.jpg.03db152adb78ebc0ecfde3c7586fa7af.jpg

IMG_1708.thumb.jpg.95965d2c9bd05b0890c52a566b6c44ee.jpg

IMG_1715.thumb.jpg.f6c261913b034a9a34822ad062b98e18.jpg

• Platinum Member

Nice. Let me know if you want to get together as I am in Arborfield Cross with a Granite Crystal Rubicon as well.  :great:

• Platinum Member

Hi Clint - yes, definitely! There would have been a few green lanes locally a few years back, not sure now though. Have you tried this guy: http://www.protraxoverlandadventures.co.uk/Wiltshire.htm  He does led green-laning weekend various places, including Wilshire and Salisbury Plain. Could be an easy way to find out what lanes are left in Wiltshire.

• Platinum Member

No, I have not tried him. Might be worth looking in too in the new year as you say, to establish what is left in the area that we can still do.

• Platinum Member

Hi Clint - yes, definitely! There would have been a few green lanes locally a few years back, not sure now though. Have you tried this guy: http://www.protraxoverlandadventures.co.uk/Wiltshire.htm  He does led green-laning weekend various places, including Wilshire and Salisbury Plain. Could be an easy way to find out what lanes are left in Wiltshire.

Easiest way to find out what’s left you can drive would be to look it up on Trailwise Duncan.

Merry Christmas

• Platinum Member

Trailwise looks good - thanks for the tip!

Heading back from Aldermaston last September towards Chieveley I passed a lot of very open looking, well signed Byways which look to be good on Trailwise and a few more just the other side of the M4. Seem to still be a fair few about.  :great:

Interested to know how you get on....

Loads around Chievely and the Wiltshire side of the ridgeway. Also lots around Hungerford the other side of the motorway. Use them a lot with the local Glass group. :great: Inkpenhill has some great lanes around it ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Photos  :coolphotos: attached including one of my JOC sticker positioned sensibly above the high tide mark on my tailgate, especially for Stewart.  :great:  (Loads more photos and some cool videos that are too big too post here, and anyway they need a bit of a cull first  :zzz:)

:great: