Annoying double beep

sargan

• Platinum Member

Jeep Cherokee Limited 2015

Last 2 weeks .. while on long Motorway runs ... part way through I get  an alarm/notifictaion.

It is a pair of beeps – a 5 sce gap and another pair of beeps ......... and it keeps reperatring.

There is no warning light, no alarm, just t he contimuning pir of beeps.

The beeps emanate from the dash area immediately behind the steeiring wheel (not from uConnect)  - I can find nothing to stop it.

I have to park car switch off engine and restart – then fault clears until the next time.

Anybody know what this is ?

• Platinum Member

Car was in dealers yesterday ... no fault found.

On way home same thing again.

Only way to clear is switch off wait until all closes down ..then restart.

Extra piece of information ... this is the same sound as speed camera alert.

When it happens it has been travelling past a few speed cameras on motorway bridges ... so several corrrectb’double beeps’.  ... then it seems to lock in speed camera warning .... and repeats double beep every 5 sec.

Is there a way to turn off speed camera alerts ... maybe turn8ng it off and back on will clear problem.

• Platinum Member

The uConnect system was updated to latest s/w 2 weeks ago.

I have looked into system, but not found way to turn off notifications.

• Platinum Member

I found option to turn off alerts ... have turned off ... will tunr back on tomorrow - see if hat cleasr the problem.

Not impresseed with uConnect software.

For example been driving across a field for past 2 years - maps are really out of date - and told no update avialable.

• Platinum Member

Can you advise any ref or version number for this update.

I have free updates for 3 years written into my  contract, but always told none available

We haven't had the double beep problem, but have had the uConnect upgrade, which took two or three hours to download & install. The new maps are better, but not completely accurate. We also had an unexpected diversion for a non-existent traffic delay just after it had been installed, so we've turned that feature off. Seems to be working well otherwise, now we have learnt the new system.

The TPMS has been moaning about pressures only a fraction below specification; does anyone know how to change the parameters? If we drop the pressures for sand, I don't want to have the warning overriding the display continually, just when knowing about transmission set up might be useful?

Gerald

• Platinum Member

Can you tell me what the map version is after your upgrade.

I had uConn3c5vsystem updates ... but maps are the same.

Sargan,

"Can you tell me what the map version is after your upgrade.

I had uConn3c5vsystem updates ... but maps are the same."

I can't seem to find the version number; how do you get it to display?

Gerald

I see that my query about the TPMS is answered in another thread headed "Dash Icons".

Hello Sargan;  the version number for my current map database is FCA VP4EU;V7.

I don't have a note of what was previously installed, but the map for the area of Birmingham around which I have been driving this last few months, is definitely different - unfortunately the most noticeable is that one error has been replaced by another, so I get incorrect directions every time I leave the flat where I am staying! However, the rest seems fairly accurate, so far, and we do less driving through open spaces on the satnav map.

The control panel has a new layout, with a section marked 'Apps', which wasn't present before. We were quoted around £75 for the map upgrade, but, for a variety of reasons, we got it free of charge; thanks very much, Westover Jeep. They have looked after us well, so we don't regret having taken the car there from the furthest North of Scotland. We think they are secretly pleased to have someone travel so far to see them, too!

We haven't checked the reliability of the continental maps, but the last lot were generally accurate in the summer of 2017 across Holland, Germany and Scandinavia.

Gerald

• Platinum Member

Looks like you have v7  and  I have v2

Been in contact with JEEP but they cannot advise when update will be due - other than to state 2017 map set is overdue.

They have no webpage to track this  ... pretty poor

Thye need to look at Audi/BMW do such things

• 2 weeks later...

New Map versions:

Last week we crossed the new Forth Road Bridge; we are used to the satnav showing us driving over fields, but this time we had half a mile across deep tidal seawater!

Neither the new bridge nor its immediate approach showed on the map. More worryingly, neither did the approach to the old bridge. Difficult actually to get lost just there, but the bridge opened well before the map update was installed. So much for V7.