Anyone out helping in the snow today?

Volant165

Just had my first emergency call from my sister who is snowed in up on the Berkshire downs.

Turns out today is the last day of the wine offer at Sainsbury and she is running out..........

Not sure that is a real emergency  :scratch:

• Platinum Member

Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response are out in force.  Busy in Worcestershire at present. Gloucestershire a bit quieter.

4-5 inches of snow laying. Main roads mainly clear, no thanks to Highways!! Haven't seen a gritter all day.

Minor roads, most only passable with care with a 4x4. Lot of numpties out sightseeing, several vehicles abandoned or broken!

• Platinum Member
sabconsulting

Had a fun morning touring the lanes of our corner of the Chiltern Hills. Quite a lot of trees / branches down, so cleared some of the roads and winched a fallen tree off.  Towed a motorhome out of a ditch and helped push / advise a few other stuck motorists.

Steve.

• Platinum Member

Busy jeepin’ days for me.  I managed to drive a stranded motorcycle/ care home worker home after his 12 hour shift, pulled a Mercedes and a BMW out of the woods and got a Sister to the children’s ward at Warwick hospital from her snowed in countryside farm.