Jeep Grand Cherokee headlights adjustment for france

Spooner1691

• Platinum Member

Hi new to the club unable to post introduction but hi, I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland and woul like to find out if the headlights need adjusting or altering for driving in France.

• Platinum Member

Ahem- I didnt bother when i drove to the south of france- i carried the stickers but never applied them.

Never had a issue...

Mind you thats on my TJ. Alos drove to Brugge with the GC and never did it either.

• Platinum Member

Thanks doodle, I have struggled to get an answer from any dealer in the Uk, shocking really not to get an answer from the dealers but also to think that Jeep have not thought of the problem

• Platinum Member

Park 20’ in front of your garage door at night with dipped beams. If they shine left, and don’t cut off horizontally at about 3’ ,like xenons do , then you’ll need to blank off that part of the beam or you’ll blind on-coming drivers.

As said, you’ll possibly get away with it.....I did too in Spain.....but remember they do give on-the-spot fines

• Platinum Member

I didn’t think it was necessary on hid because of the flat beam. I know some cars had a lever where you can flip the reflector for each side but don’t think it exists on jeep. I would be inclined to buy the stickers & just take them with you. I bought 2 lots of headlamp protectors for mine with one lot having the beam stickers. I can now just swap between the 2 without worrying about the hassle of peeling all the residue off afterwards

• Platinum Member

I bought mine from auto styling uk. Mine is the shape before yours though & they don’t seem to list them. They are made by EGR & very good quality. I’ve had many parts made by them for cars over the years (mostly Mitsubishi though to be fair) so might be worth an email. I will have a proper look once sober

• Platinum Member

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but does anyone know about what to do with the JW Speaker headlights?

They look fairly flat, but I've got absolutely nowhere to park that's even remotely flat or an even surface to point the lights at

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi All happy new year, thanks for your comments I can confirm that the HIDheadlights on a Grand Cherokee 2014 overland need the stick on beer benders for travel in Europe

• Platinum Member

Hi All happy new year, thanks for your comments I can confirm that the HIDheadlights on a Grand Cherokee 2014 overland need the stick on beer benders for travel in Europe

[emoji23] did you get pulled?

Sent from my 6055P using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but does anyone know about what to do with the JW Speaker headlights?

They look fairly flat, but I've got absolutely nowhere to park that's even remotely flat or an even surface to point the lights at

Harry,  do nothing......

This question has been asked on here before, but never answered.  I've driven mine round France for the last 2 years with JWs fitted and never been stopped yet.

• Platinum Member

[emoji23] did you get pulled?

Sent from my 6055P using Tapatalk

ha only now reading and realising my spelling good comment though