Hello fellow Jeep owners

Sean254

• Platinum Member

Hi Everyone

I am hoping that someone will be able to give me some advice? My first Jeep was a Grand Cherokee and am a proud owner of a 2014 Grand Cherokee.

However I recently came across an abandoned 97 Wrangler one of the first TJs it's a 4.0 litre Sahara automatic with 80,000 miles on it. I was speaking with the owner who has owned it for the last 6 years but it has been off the road for the last 18 months he told me that he has no interest in putting back on the road again.

It is a very clean little Jeep no rust to be found on it, it does need brake pipes and a fuel line replaced on it plus it hasn't been started for 18 months.

So the owner told me to make him an offer on it but I have no idea what to offer him, he did tell me he paid £4000 for it 6 years ago.

It's black with a hardtop it has no extras on it. It could be turned into a fantastic looking Jeep but needs a lot of TLC, can anyone please tell me what I should offer the owner as I am at a complete loss.

I know the Wranglers make good money if in good order and worth even more if they have lots of extras fitted to them, this is a little Jeep that needs a good home and a lot of TLC given to it which I am more than happy to give it.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Sean