Album: Salisbury Plain Saturay 4th January 2014

stewart

• Platinum Member

Coooooo was wet ,,, wish I had got my name down for this , even more cross with meself now lol ,,, :fresse:

Yes it was and Stewart kept leading into bigger and bigger puddles and I kept following :-)

Checked the air filter today, little dusty, but dry. Just need tips on engine bay cleaning now !!!!!!!!

egahesyt.jpgyjepuzaq.jpga9ajy8aq.jpguba9adun.jpgy9utysu8.jpgu2ududyr.jpg8u5u9ahu.jpgma6e9yry.jpg5ehyrata.jpgeha6ege6.jpg

:gasp: You followed Stuart into a puddle  :icon_bounce: Dohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!  :coolphotos:

It only became an issue when the "puddle" was flowing back past the JK!  :gasp:

• Platinum Member

:gasp: You followed Stuart into a puddle  :icon_bounce: Dohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!  :coolphotos:

It only became an issue when the "puddle" was flowing back past the JK!  :gasp:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Platinum Member

Checked the air filter today, little dusty, but dry. Just need tips on engine bay cleaning now !

I normally start it, let it idle for a while, get upto temp, then while idle, use the pressure washer on it, keep the mainstream of water away from the electrics, and ofcourse the air intake..

Once done, leave itself idle a bit longer to dry off

Checked the air filter today, little dusty, but dry. Just need tips on engine bay cleaning now !

I normally start it, let it idle for a while, get upto temp, then while idle, use the pressure washer on it, keep the mainstream of water away from the electrics, and ofcourse the air intake..

Once done, leave itself idle a bit longer to dry off

Arno, thanks when we get a dryer day I will get to it.

Did brush off lots of dry dirt today between showers!emuhy2a9.jpg

:scratch: I don't clean mine  :suspect:

I used too  :icon_cool: but one day my boss cleaned under the bonnet of his company car & fried the ecu  :icon_massacre: they scrapped the car  :icon_eek: wasn't cost effective to fix it , 'twas only just 3 years old  :oops:

Never did it again after that  :icon_flower:

:scratch: I don't clean mine  :suspect:

I used too  :icon_cool: but one day my boss cleaned under the bonnet of his company car & fried the ecu  :icon_massacre: they scrapped the car  :icon_eek: wasn't cost effective to fix it , 'twas only just 3 years old  :oops:

Never did it again after that  :icon_flower:

that would be my worry, but there is so much dry dirty from Saturday that I need to clean around the filling points at the very least. :fresse:

• Platinum Member

That is why I kept the main stream of water away from the electrics, and left the engine running to dry itself off first

I have brushed off any loose dry dirt, wiped round the filler and dip stick "bits", pulled out all the grass and jet washed underneath  :scratch: think that's about all for now as its still raining here in Berks.

As to "smokin", well it's a jeep, it's always "smokin" :icon_rr:

Just got a "tweet" from @mod_dio asking all not to come to Sailsbury Plain for recreational purposes until further notice due to the serious flooding.

Looks like we just mde it!

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

I did think that we may have been pushing our luck a bit.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...