Mygig

Tony

• Platinum Member

Would anyone know if it's possible to input a destination using only postcode,the reason I ask is when I went to aldermaston the other week, it would not recognise harbour Hill and after putting in postcode it needed a street name.

This is a 2014 mygig unit if that makes any difference.

• Administrators

Would anyone know if it's possible to input a destination using only postcode,the reason I ask is when I went to aldermaston the other week, it would not recognise harbour Hill and after putting in postcode it needed a street name.

This is a 2014 mygig unit if that makes any difference.

Hi Tony the Mygig Unit only works on part of the postcode! You can though enter Geo Coordinates that should be more accurate. Postcodes do change from time to time and can also cover say a 1mile stretch of road !

• Platinum Member

It is an utterly retarded system, but hey ho

Coordinates is the only way to make it useful, the number of places that only give postcodes as directions, or have roads with no "name" just a letter and number, renders the satnav useless if you can't get on maps to get the coordinates

• Administrators

It is an utterly retarded system, but hey ho

Coordinates is the only way to make it useful, the number of places that only give postcodes as directions, or have roads with no "name" just a letter and number, renders the satnav useless if you can't get on maps to get the coordinates

Miles better than my  2008 BMW !

• Platinum Member

Miles better than my  2008 BMW !

Hah, did that not have a unit at all?  :icon_lol:

Have to say I like everything else about the unit, just not the silly postcode thing

• Platinum Member

Yes I agree,I'm happy with everything about the unit,just the sat nav postcode part which could be better.

• Platinum Member

I could,dntvstand the “upgraded” uConnect unit that I had in my 2017 jk. Wasn’t able to enter postcodes. Ended up swapping the unit out of a Kenwood DAB/Nav unit. Brilliant