In support of the Renegade

TimC

• Platinum Member

We have a Renegade at the moment, on loan while my wife's KJ is having some work done and I am surprised by how much it seems to be universally hated. "Looks like a fiat Panda" is about as kind as it gets, going via "horrible tail lights" to "the most hideous car on the road"  :icon_cry: which is a shame for the poor old Renegade. My mrs loves it to drive, if it was down to that and the interior we would probably have one to replace the KJ but she says she doesn't want to drive around in "something that looks like it's out of Disney's Cars movie". Well I like it, at least it's not a clone like every other SUV/crossover on the road none of which I can tell apart. I am of course biased in favour of a) anything with a Jeep badge and b) anything that everyone else doesn't like but there seem to be quite a few of them about so someone must think they look OK.

Anyway, looks like we will be holding out for the Compass about which MrsC is getting quite excited from the pics. Hopefully it will have the interior and drive ability of the Renegade. Only thing I'm not too keen on about the Renegade is the name, Jeep should have left it as a spec and not made it into a model. Hey Ho, roll on the Compass. 

• Platinum Member

we have one in the fleet and  her ladyship loves it never seen her so passionate about a car but I've recently left a few Jeep pages because of the constant digs by other Jeep owners It's not worth the stress... sad because they are very capable wee Jeeps 

• Platinum Member

We have a renegade too, the trailhawk version, and although I grin from ear to ear when I'm in the wrangler, the renegade is a great fun little 4x4 - and actually still a lot of space in the back, especially compared to a lot of its more direct competitors.

Never understood the hate towards them...

• Administrators

We have a Renegade at the moment, on loan while my wife's KJ is having some work done and I am surprised by how much it seems to be universally hated. "Looks like a fiat Panda" is about as kind as it gets, going via "horrible tail lights" to "the most hideous car on the road"  :icon_cry: which is a shame for the poor old Renegade. My mrs loves it to drive, if it was down to that and the interior we would probably have one to replace the KJ but she says she doesn't want to drive around in "something that looks like it's out of Disney's Cars movie". Well I like it, at least it's not a clone like every other SUV/crossover on the road none of which I can tell apart. I am of course biased in favour of a) anything with a Jeep badge and b) anything that everyone else doesn't like but there seem to be quite a few of them about so someone must think they look OK.

Anyway, looks like we will be holding out for the Compass about which MrsC is getting quite excited from the pics. Hopefully it will have the interior and drive ability of the Renegade. Only thing I'm not too keen on about the Renegade is the name, Jeep should have left it as a spec and not made it into a model. Hey Ho, roll on the Compass.

Good news is we will be seeing the Compass here Early next year

• Platinum Member

It's a smashing little motor! Never judge a book by it's cover .....

I quite agree Jerry  :great: It drives nicely, visibility is good, interior is well equipped, good quality, comfortable and plenty of space. Not tried its off road capabilities personally but did Salisbury Plains with one earlier this year and it seemed to cope fine. In fact the negative comments I have been subjected to have all been from people who haven't driven one but don't like it's looks, so I guess it's all down to personal taste and that's an individual thing. I suppose because it deliberately doesn't look like everything else (a very good thing in my opinion, being different to the crowd is what a Jeep is all about after all) it provokes a reaction one way or the other.

Saw a couple on my way into work this morning, as I often do and I still think it looks good, a bit quirky but good  :glasses:

• Platinum Member

Good news is we will be seeing the Compass here Early next year

That's the good news Stewart? It's been pushed back again?  :icon_rolleyes: First it was Q3 this year , then Q4, now early next year. Oh well, just have to hang on to the KJ a little bit longer then. BTW hoping for some good JOC discounts when it does arrive eh?  :icon_e_wink:

• Platinum Member

That's the good news Stewart? It's been pushed back again?  :icon_rolleyes: First it was Q3 this year , then Q4, now early next year. Oh well, just have to hang on to the KJ a little bit longer then. BTW hoping for some good JOC discounts when it does arrive eh?  :icon_e_wink:

Getting more and more vague every time!