Hello there

Markthemechanic

• Platinum Member
Markthemechanic

I just joined the club and found it full of useful stuff, I already found a couple of answers to issues. We have a 2002 Cherokee LTD 3.7 and aside from the blower not working at low speed (resistor pack apparently, easy fix) and water in the footwell whichever we already guessed was ac related, we have a small issue with overdrive.

After a few miles, the OD switch stops working, It won't switch in or out of OD. It's not the switch because if I shift briefly out of drive to 2nd (not at 70mph obviously) I can operate the switch and get into/out of OD.

Any suggestions as to the cause? I know the transmission has a computer to control it so it probably does stupid things from time to time, but this seems quite repeatable.

• Platinum Member

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the club, I don't have a Cherokee, so can't help with your issues, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to help.

• Platinum Member

Hi and welcome maybe a silly reply but have you checked transmission fluid levels it may just be a pressure issue with low fluids

• Platinum Member
Markthemechanic

Hi, levels checked and definitely full, maybe slightly over. I checked with engine running and gearbox in park after reading the Haynes manual